It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strange stearing issue (maybe my imagination?)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have had some really bad luck with cars recently, short story is a garage screwed me over on a brake job and telling me it was safe to ride, the next day the brakes failed and I rear ended a F150... that was the end of my car, and the start of my Jeep. Because of that every little pop, click, and off behavior I hear I think is going to cause a horrible accident. I phoned the lot 3 times to talk to a mechanic, and took it back once because I was paranoid about it. I was told on jeep forum though, that everything I had was just a jeep thing. I decided to come over hear and ask this question though. When I turn the wheel all the way right, it does not want to return. I don't have to fight it, but it does not correct itself. The left is fine. This was just given a full inspection and certified by Jeep, but I still find it strange... Also I have heard the occasional pop/click when stearing or backing up at a very steep turn. Whats up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think this is in the wrong place so I am posting again in general...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Normal.

Did you sue the last place that did your brake job and then it failed? I would have since they are liable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm not going to bother suing because I can't really afford the lawyer to bother with it. My insurrance company hired a company to check the brakes and couldn't find a problem, so they arn't going to go after them. Basically, the ABS & Ebrake light came on one day, I took it to the shop they replaced a router and told me it was just a sensor that was because of the bad router, so it is fine. The owners manual tells me that when those lights are on together, it can lock up and loose braking, well it did just that. I was going about 40km/h, hit the brakes, and skidded for a good car length or more... I have stopped that car on a dime at 80km/h+ before. I'm just trying to move on, and suing them would only end up costing me more time and headache than I need. I'm glad to hear that is normal though. Another "jeep" thing I guess?