It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: repair manual
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 am 
LOST Newbie

Any one out there know of any sites where I can download a factory 04 Liberty repair manual

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Check here - not sure if it's what you're looking for though

http://www.links-popularity.com/servicemanuals/product.php?productid=627

Frankenlift; Skink Sliders; Skid Row front skid; Mopar trans, t-case, and gas tank skids; f/r recovery points; Cobra 75 WX ST; Renegade light bar; hardwired radar detector; 245/75 Guard Dog MTs; Optima Red Top, Amsoil air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was hoping for a freebe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

The guy I bought my '02 KJ from gave me a '02 KJ Service Manual on CD ROM. I believe he said he bought it on ebay a few years ago. I checked ebay and the cheapest thing I found was this 02-04 Service Manual on ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

i've already got a haynes,it's better than nothing but i'd like a factory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

4x4fever wrote:

Are you asking if someone who bought one doesn't want it anymore and would be willing to give you theirs? Cuz the factory manual (and most others) are subject to copyright law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

jeepskate wrote:
4x4fever wrote:

Are you asking if someone who bought one doesn't want it anymore and would be willing to give you theirs? Cuz the factory manual (and most others) are subject to copyright law.

Buying or selling a factory manual is not illegal. Reproducing one for the purpose of marketing, is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CrossBones wrote:
jeepskate wrote:
4x4fever wrote:

Buying or selling a factory manual is not illegal. Reproducing one for the purpose of marketing, is.

That was exactly my point. He was asking for a freebie. The only way to do that legally is for someone who bought one legally to give theirs to him. Copying it, whether you give it away or sell it, would be illegal.

Post subject: manual
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Yellocoyote, that worked after one of my computer literate friends helped me.
Maybee it's just me but I cinda think some of the poeple on this web site would argue with a stop sign

Post subject: Re: manual
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:08 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

4x4fever wrote:
Thanks Yellocoyote, that worked after one of my computer literate friends helped me.
Maybee it's just me but I cinda think some of the poeple on this web site would argue with a stop sign

Don't know who this is directed at, but I hope it isn't me. I wasn't arguing with anyone. Just asked a question, and posted some indisputable factual information about the law. Here's some more, from the U.S. Copyright Office:

Quote:
Uploading or downloading works protected by copyright without the authority of the copyright owner is an infringement of the copyright owner's exclusive rights of reproduction and/or distribution. Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each work infringed and, if willful infringement is proven by the copyright owner, that amount may be increased up to $150,000 for each work infringed. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for the attorney's fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or her rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 am 

I bought a factory service manual for mine from a Jeep Dealership that closed down, it is great cause the mechanics had written short cuts/ updates inside, for 25 bucks it was a steal plus I can carry it anywhere I go :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
I bought a factory service manual for mine from a Jeep Dealership that closed down, it is great cause the mechanics had written short cuts/ updates inside, for 25 bucks it was a steal plus I can carry it anywhere I go :wink:

That's sweet! I paid twice that on two occasions on Ebay (had to buy a second one because I left the first one under my passenger seat and it was appropriated by some member of the dealer's service department during one of my rare visits there. It was couple of weeks before I noticed so I didn't bother trying to get it back. The second one has my name written on it.

Post subject: sliding around the corner
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

for anyone who is interested there is a bunch of jeep mamuals avalable for down load
at {colorado4wheeler.com/allmanual/jeep} get them while there still there