It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spare Tire?!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:03 pm 
LOST Member

Is it iligal to drive without a spare tire? I might change from state to state. I'm googling to try to find if its ilegal in virginia. most likely it will. any info on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 pm 

Not sure if it is legal or not, but why would you want to?

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:29 pm 
LOST Member

its a discussion i had with my dad the other day. i bought new tires. i didnt buy a spare tire of the same size. its not a big difference in sizes. i just went one up. but mostly was because i wanted to do my drive from my barracks to the work lighter. i tried getting all the doo doo i normally i travel with and left it at home. i wanted to see if it made a difference in my daily driving. at least for a or 2. i wouldnt go off base or something without it. but just from here to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 pm 

htkrph wrote:
its a discussion i had with my dad the other day. i bought new tires. i didnt buy a spare tire of the same size. its not a big difference in sizes. i just went one up. but mostly was because i wanted to do my drive from my barracks to the work lighter. i tried getting all the doo doo i normally i travel with and left it at home. i wanted to see if it made a difference in my daily driving. at least for a or 2. i wouldnt go off base or something without it. but just from here to work.

Don't take this the wrong way, but IF I was you LPO, and you showed up late to quarters because you had a flat and you didn't have a spare with you.. I would sure as hell have your behind.. Off base or not, I know how long a walk it can be their from the barracks to the end of the pier there at NOB.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
LOST Member

daspes wrote:
htkrph wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but IF I was you LPO, and you showed up late to quarters because you had a flat and you didn't have a spare with you.. I would sure as hell have your behind.. Off base or not, I know how long a walk it can be their from the barracks to the end of the pier there at NOB.

i know. i'm not at NOB thou. i'm over at little creek. i have done that walk many many times before. :oops: its over 45mins. luckaly my command is not like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 am 
LOST Newbie

I`ve never heard of any law that states that you have to have a spare tire. I think that just falls under common sense. :?

`02 Liberty 4x4 Patriot blue
`00 Mustang GT `vert- black
`87 Corvette cpe- yellow
`94 Dodge Dakota 4x4- green
`06 Mercury Milan- white

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I drove around Norfolk area for over a month at one point with out my spare, and had no issues.

I have some guys on my ship that drive around without them and never had any issues either.

The big question is is the 30 to 45 pounds going to make a big difference????

06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it