It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there a difference in model years '05 and '06
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hello, Im a noob and Im in the market for a CRD Liberty. I've not been able to find information about the two model years. Is there a suggestion from anyone of you as to which year is best/better to get? Or, is there not a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Is there a difference in model years '05 and '06
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:04 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

CRD Joe wrote:
Hello, Im a noob and Im in the market for a CRD Liberty. I've not been able to find information about the two model years. Is there a suggestion from anyone of you as to which year is best/better to get? Or, is there not a difference?

Thanks in advance.

jump into the CRD section some of the guys on there can help you out some never leave that area!

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No difference in the Engines. The tranny's initially had different programming - but the 05's had a recall to match the 06's.

(although if you can find an 05 that has not had the F37 - it'll run better)

they added ESC to all of the 06's but that was all Liberty's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

2006 = ESP..... i would opt for the 05'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

KJ kyle wrote:
2006 = ESP..... i would opt for the 05'

When you put it in 4 Lo it turns off ESP anyway. I personally don't see why everyone hates this. If you don't want to use it push the button on the steering column and turn it off. I know it will wear your brakes out earlier if you use it a lot, but there have been times where it helped me on the trail. Image

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

its scary using ESP in the snow, i have had multiple times that ill be pulling out into traffic, and the ESP kicks in and stops me in the other lane.

not to mention you cant get any wheel speed

there is no real way to turn it off except 4-lo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

KJ kyle wrote:
its scary using ESP in the snow, i have had multiple times that ill be pulling out into traffic, and the ESP kicks in and stops me in the other lane.

not to mention you cant get any wheel speed

there is no real way to turn it off except 4-lo.

I can see your point about the snow. I don't really have to deal with that here in Vegas :D . If I turn mine off via the button on the steering column, I can stomp the skinny pedal around a corner and it just squeals the tires without the throttle being backed off by the system. Now that I think about it there was one time in the rain (also a rarity here) when it sort of stalled me in an intersection unexpectedly. I guess for me it isn't a deal breaker because it is rarely activated.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yea, NV is all about traction. always dry and you guys wheel rocks.

in MI on the other hand, its always raining and snowing. and we wheel mud. its all about wheel speed and ESP takes that all away

Post subject: Re: Is there a difference in model years '05 and '06
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:13 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

CRD Joe wrote:

Thanks in advance.

As previous posters have said, the main difference between 05 and 06 is the ESP. With the torque of the CRD, I opted against it. My 1.8t Jetta had it and it was priceless. But, as has been said, it will "stall" you if you try to pull out into traffic aggressively in less-than-perfect conditions. But it also kept my Jetta on the road during a PA sleet storm that had numerous other vehicles sliding off the road.

Also, watching the threads regarding window regulators, it seems like the 06s have had a few more failures than the 05s. Nothing scientific behind that, just something I've noticed on this board.

By the way, I love your stable of current vehicles!! Very cool. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

not trying to disprove your point. but ive got an 06' no window regs yet! knock on wood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I added another truck in my stable of rigs.