It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bumpers, and fenders
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 pm 
LOST Member

Just wanted to know what is is easiest way to take off the bumpers, and the plastic fenders? I got an idea how to get the bumpers off its just when I got to the fenders I was afraid of breaking off the tabs holding it on the body. And is it easy to get back on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:24 pm 

Not difficult in theory... Everything just pops off. But those clips/push pins can be a real pain! If you do break one (or more), hit NAPA you can get a bag of them for a few bucks. The Part # is one the site somewhere, I'm sorry but at work right now so I can't devote the time to a search for it at the moment.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:48 pm 
LOST Addict

daspes wrote:
Not difficult in theory... Everything just pops off. But those clips/push pins can be a real pain! If you do break one (or more), hit NAPA you can get a bag of them for a few bucks. The Part # is one the site somewhere, I'm sorry but at work right now so I can't devote the time to a search for it at the moment.

X2
Front bumper is easy to get off. I have not tried the rear yet but it stands up pretty good to desert junipers :) The fenders pop off fairly easy too. No clue the part number.

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject: Re: Bumpers, and fenders
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dj s,

There is a write up in the fabrication section... look for "tow hook" threads... on 05+ there are only plastic tabs that hold it on. The 02-04 have two screws (if my knowledge serves me correctly) on either side near the headlights...

TR

Post subject: Re: Bumpers, and fenders
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

if you're talking about the fender liner, there's probably half a dozen of those squareish/retangleish fender retainers that have a tenancy to make you call your mom bad names

other than those it's standard drill out plastic rivets and replace with reuseable pushpin rivets or whatever else you want to use

don't be afraid to poke around and push things, you aren't going to break anything that isn't pretty easily fixable, only thing you really need to be careful with is the lighting harness behind the front fascia

the rear fascia will fall off when you take out the rivets just be mindful to unhook the license plate light if there's one on yours (depends on year model, KK's is on the back hatch i believe)

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632