It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AVATAR SIZE...VERY IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey guys, I have had tons of folks complaining about the size of some of the avatars on the site. The size limit is 150X150... We have seen many as larg as 250 and larger. This blows the page way long and really make the post all jacked up.

PLEASE reduce your avatars to 150 X 150 or the moderators will start deleting the ones that are too big.

If you right click on your avatar in your profile section...It will tell you the size.

Please correct this ASAP so that the entire site is not paying the price for a few avatars that are too big.

Thanks

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:35 am 
Master of the Blender

Just wanted to bump this into everyone's field of view. Been seeing several avatars recently that are a bit on the large side so if folks could take the time to adjust them we'd all appreciate it.

Thank you, and continue to enjoy the forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

how do I even get an image to appear?I thought I was computer savvy, but guess not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:46 pm 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

The easiest way is to sign up for a free photo hosting site. I use Photobucket, but Flickr is good too and a lot of people use Picasa. You just adjust the picture to the size that you want it (in this case no larger than 150 X150) and upload it from your computer to the hosting site. Then go into your profile and all the way at the bottom there is a place to put the link to your photo from the site. I'm not sure how the other sites work, but Photobucket has a Direct Link option below each photo. You just click that link (it automatically copies it) and then paste it into the box in your profile. Hope that helps :D

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:06 am 
Master of the Blender

If you don't have an image editor (or know how to use one) most sites like Photobucket, Imageshack, etc will have resize options for your images. On Photobucket there is a choice of 'thumbnail' size (160x120 pixels) which would be very good for avatars - yes we've stated above that we would like to see 150 pixels max on the width, but the extra 10 pixels isn't going to blow the pages out of whack the way a 200+ pixel width will.

Post subject: BUMP!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:31 am 
Master of the Blender

Howdy folks, just wanted to knock this up to the top of the 'new posts' list for our newer members who might not have stumbled into the FAQ section yet. We are starting to see an increase in avatar sizes (the pictures under people's user names) which, as stated in the posts above, can make pages somewhat cumbersome for those who use a lower resolution. So if you think your avatar might fall into this category please take a small amount of time to re-size it, and if you need help just post up and I or someone else can walk you through the process.

Thanks for the help, and continue to enjoy your L.O.S.T. KJs site 8)

Post subject: Re: AVATAR SIZE...VERY IMPORTANT
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't think my avatar option is active...how do I tell? Maybe I'm just not doing something right.