It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: format
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:01 pm 
I live here
I live here

My thoughts on the FAQ's was to have a set format so all FAQ's are formatted the same so we don't get many differnt styles and hard to understand. One person take all the FAQ's and place them here with up-to-date answers that are correct, clear, concise, and easy to read.

Also to have each FAQ locked so they don't get muddled by comments and page after page of comments. Just the FAQ's ma'am. If someone didn't like the answer, they could contact the individual posting on where they got the answer.

How does the answer come about? One person takes answers from the masses in the past posts, sift through them, emails/PM's people that posted answers and ask them for more clarity or defined answer, then combine all of the correct answers and post a combined answer.

Not just a "How to" because there are many answers in how something is done. We all do our oil change, tire rotation, and lift installs differently. This will turn into a "General question" section in no time with everyone posting how they do this or that.

Just my thoughts

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject: Re: format
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:26 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Tokyojoe wrote:
My thoughts on the FAQ's was to have a set format so all FAQ's are formatted the same so we don't get many differnt styles and hard to understand. One person take all the FAQ's and place them here with up-to-date answers that are correct, clear, concise, and easy to read.

Also to have each FAQ locked so they don't get muddled by comments and page after page of comments. Just the FAQ's ma'am. If someone didn't like the answer, they could contact the individual posting on where they got the answer.

How does the answer come about? One person takes answers from the masses in the past posts, sift through them, emails/PM's people that posted answers and ask them for more clarity or defined answer, then combine all of the correct answers and post a combined answer.

Not just a "How to" because there are many answers in how something is done. We all do our oil change, tire rotation, and lift installs differently. This will turn into a "General question" section in no time with everyone posting how they do this or that.

Just my thoughts

The whole forum should be locked, not just the individua threads. Only mods should post in there after a topic is approved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Why not set it up like the tech section where the moderators approve then it gets posted? I just worry some people may feel like they are not getting credit when they suggest it and moderator posts it... Just a thought

255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 am 
I live here
I live here

What do you mean "get credit." This isn't the fabrication section. We are looking at FAQ's. Questions we see all the time:

Does 245/75/16 fit a stock/lifted KJ
Should I lift or get skids first
Will the lift void my warranty

All those types of questions and then some.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I geuss I meant by seeing who actually has experience in it. If it is a topic posted by a moderator and some one wants more info they will PM the moderator. If the moderator hasn't tried to get a lifted vehicle serviced or hasn't dealt with 265's but posted on the subject...If people that post are people that did whatever then PMing them for more info will be easier...

255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thay is a very good point Joe. Also keeps the moderators from getting all the emails as well. Later...Clint

KE7JLP