It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Frankenlifted
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've got an 07 kj with a frankenlift premium 2 kit OME all around, and with JBA 4.5 UPC. I'm running 265 wrangler duratracs on cragar soft 8's with a 5" backspace. I have a problem of blowing my upper ball joints, my upper control arms are on top of my strut, I have been trying to find a good replacement for the steering knuckle, (which will help my tie rod angles also) can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: Frankenlifted
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm 
LOST Addict

no aftermarket knuckles. dunno why you keep blowing out ubj's on a frankenlift cause plenty of other people have the same set up.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

I know there's nothing made for a KJ, I was thinking if anything would fit from a different model.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Venture85 wrote:
I know there's nothing made for a KJ, I was thinking if anything would fit from a different model.

yep its from a bronco??? SFA :BANANA:

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 pm 

Welcome to LOST!

What's your location, there may be someone nearby who can look at your rig to see what the problem could be on why your blowing out UBJ's, if nothing else, post up a pic of your front end.

5" of BS is to much for that size tire, 4" on a 7" rim being optimal. Shouldn't be enough to kill the BJ's on there own, but it may contribute, especially if there is binding or rubbing at some point. How long has the Frankenlift been on the Jeep, how long have you had the UCA's on, and where they new? Good news is with the Al's arms, the UBJ is cheap to replace. :D

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm 
LOST Addict

if the soft 8s are 8" wide the 5" offset would be ok. a picture of your front suspension with the tire removed would be helpful to see if something is obviously out of whack. which it seems being youve gone through so many.