It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 Jeep Liberty 2.8drc auto box problems
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:29 am 
LOST Newbie

Good morning to you. I am new to the forum. I wonder if someone can assist me with advise. I recently replaced the Torque convertor on my Jeep as the splines broke on the old one. The problem I am having is that when I start driving it kicks hard over especially into 3rd gear and wont shift up to 5th. Then after driving a while it shifts over normally in all the gears. Sometimes when I am driving a while it will kick back into 4th from 5th and stay there no matter what. The only way to fix this is to stop put it in park and switch the engine off. Then when I start it and start driving again it will start with the hard shifts and after a while shift normally again. I don't think it is the gearbox itself that is faulty but rather an electronic problem? Can anyone please assist that experienced the same problem?

Post subject: Re: 2005 Jeep Liberty 2.8drc auto box problems
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Toi wrote:
Good morning to you. I am new to the forum. I wonder if someone can assist me with advise. I recently replaced the Torque convertor on my Jeep as the splines broke on the old one. The problem I am having is that when I start driving it kicks hard over especially into 3rd gear and wont shift up to 5th. Then after driving a while it shifts over normally in all the gears. Sometimes when I am driving a while it will kick back into 4th from 5th and stay there no matter what. The only way to fix this is to stop put it in park and switch the engine off. Then when I start it and start driving again it will start with the hard shifts and after a while shift normally again. I don't think it is the gearbox itself that is faulty but rather an electronic problem? Can anyone please assist that experienced the same problem?

Please post this in the section lower down: "Liberty CRD Love the Torque"

You will get answers there! :wink: