It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Care to shed some light on issues?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

First off I have to mention that I have a lack of mechanical knowledge, only things that I have picked up from my bf. So please bare with me :oops:.

Lately I have been having quiet a few problems with my libby. For base knowledge I have a stock '04 Regengade 4x4 with 99,200 miles. First problem is with the ominous check engine light that has been throwing the code p0441 which I understand has to deal with the emissions system. It used to just come for a bit and go back off, but now it consistantly stays on. I used to also throw p0440 but that hasn't happen in awhile. Also going along with this is a burning smell. Ever since the light has been consistantly staying on my jeep has been smelling, fairly strongly, like burning oil. It's more confinded to the front of the vehicle with no visible signs of a leak.

Lastly the oil pressure light comes on everytime I start the jeep in the morning and after an extended rest. From what I read this could just be the oil pressure sending unit? I'm not too too sure.

If anyone could shed some sort of light on what could be the possible problems based on my vauge discription that would be awesome. I want to be able to keep my libby well past 100,000 miles, not to mention be able to put in the OME lift kit that is sitting in my house :D.

OME 1.5" lift kit waiting to be installed.

Post subject: Re: Care to shed some light on issues?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

More than likely is the oil pressure switch you need to replace right above the oil filter

You could have some broken cracked hoses that are causing the codes being thrown, need to check them all real close, sometimes they are hard to track down

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
More than likely is the oil pressure switch you need to replace right above the oil filter

You could have some broken cracked hoses that are causing the codes being thrown, need to check them all real close, sometimes they are hard to track down

I did a tuneup on mine this week and I noticed a lot of the hoses are getting old. Where do I get replacements for these, they look like they are custom formed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 am 
LOST Member

P0440 is a General EVAP system Failure, P0441 is EVAP Purge System Performance :o

First check your gas cap.
Next would be to look for vacuum leaks, hoses that fell off and or bad hoses. This would be most likely.

Could be other things but this is a place to start. :pepper:

2005 Dodge Cummins
ASE, OBDII / VAG-CAN scaner / Service Manual