It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4inch lift tire size?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm building my 2005 liberty slowly but surely, but i've run into an issue. Right now I have ome 790 coils and 131 struts with top 3/8th inch rro top shim on a gasser with at the moment no armor. later this week i will install in the rear jba 4inch coils and 4 inch bilstein struts y link extension and bumpstops. in the front im sitting at 23" from hub to flare and optimistically it will be the same in the rear after install. i have trimmed my bumper and will beat on the pinch weld as well. i currently have 245/75 r 16 all terrains on moabs that now dont fill the wheel well at all so im looking to size up with some new rims as well. so to give an idea what i am thinking i'd like to run some where in the size of 33x10.5s r 15 or 32x10.5 r 15 or some where in that range in metric ratings too if i can go wider i will. in correlation with that im looking at cragar series 342 15x8r15 with a -13mm offset and 4inches of bs or maybe a 15x10r15 with -38mm offset and 3.75inches bs. so im looking for mud terrains as well so id appreciate any insight on it and a side note is that if i have too i will add wheel spacers for extra clearence. well let me know what you think and suggestions or if any one has run this set up and the tires they use and maybe some pictures? or any 4 inch setup what m/ts to run ? and what size? thanks!! i appreciate the help!

Post subject: Re: 4inch lift tire size?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Der_rote_morder wrote:
I'm building my 2005 liberty slowly but surely, but i've run into an issue. Right now I have ome 790 coils and 131 struts with top 3/8th inch rro top shim on a gasser with at the moment no armor. later this week i will install in the rear jba 4inch coils and 4 inch bilstein struts y link extension and bumpstops. in the front im sitting at 23" from hub to flare and optimistically it will be the same in the rear after install. i have trimmed my bumper and will beat on the pinch weld as well. i currently have 245/75 r 16 all terrains on moabs that now dont fill the wheel well at all so im looking to size up with some new rims as well. so to give an idea what i am thinking i'd like to run some where in the size of 33x10.5s r 15 or 32x10.5 r 15 or some where in that range in metric ratings too if i can go wider i will. in correlation with that im looking at cragar series 342 15x8r15 with a -13mm offset and 4inches of bs or maybe a 15x10r15 with -38mm offset and 3.75inches bs. so im looking for mud terrains as well so id appreciate any insight on it and a side note is that if i have too i will add wheel spacers for extra clearence. well let me know what you think and suggestions or if any one has run this set up and the tires they use and maybe some pictures? or any 4 inch setup what m/ts to run ? and what size? thanks!! i appreciate the help!

33s are too big for a 4 inch lift to begin with unless you want to hack up everything
32s ( 265-75-16s) work but you'll also need to figure in regearing to 4.10s
Stay with a 7 inch wide wheel with 4 inches of backspacing
10 inch wide wheels are too wide
If you use the correct wheels no spacers are needed
Tires depends on where you live, how you're going to use the Jeep as to what tires work better or worse
If you want to go 33s etc , then you'll need 6 inches of lift, JBAs steel front diff, 4.56 or better yet 4.88 gears etc
Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for the info, I had planned on regearing soon, but i was wondering if jba made a steel diff in the front is there was to fashion a steel d30 from another jeep to work with the ifs? like from a wrangler? i just cant say i have $1500 at the moment to spend on a housing unit. if i did i would. but if there maybe another route to fabricate one myself thats an option. hence the reason i wanted to go bigger with the tires why buy tires twice you know? so when you say hack up everything do you mean like removing fender flares ect? because to be honest i wouldn't mind that.
also with a 7inch wide wheel whats the widest tire i can fit on it before its too wide for the rim? and whats the widest tire that can be fitted with the wheels mentioned in your reply before rubbing on things that cant be trimmed? such as sway bar ect?
i appreciate the time and knowledge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm 

Takes more than just hacking up the flares to run 33s with 4 inches of lift.
6 inches of lift like I mentioned is a start then 4.10s even isn't going to cut it with 33s
Depending on your skills anything is possible but takes quite a bit to fab a replacement front diff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

X2 on what Tom said. I ran 32x11.50x15's BFG AT KOs on mine for a while with 15x7, 4" BS Cragars. Personally, I'd stick with the Moabs you have and go with 265-75-16. Moabs are 8.0 wide. That's about as wide as you should go until you go all crazy SFA lifted. :grin:

Sent from my MeanROM LTEvo with TapaTalk II

- DIY Franky sitting at 23.75" - Al's 4.5 UCAs - Trimmed F&R Bumpers
- Removed Rear Sway Bar - Removed Rear Vibration Damper
- 75k miles so far...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I currently run 265/75/16 tires with the 2.5 inch lift. Had to do major trimming to the bumper and pound pinch weld but otherwise have no issues.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 pm 

democedes wrote:
I currently run 265/75/16 tires with the 2.5 inch lift. Had to do major trimming to the bumper and pound pinch weld but otherwise have no issues.

Doubt if you have much room just from experience
regeared yet?
Also if many miles then that lift won't give the advertised amount