It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Noob question 04 vs 05
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

Same miles, same price, same options (actualy the '05 is a little nicer) any reason you can think of to get an '04 over an '05?

Post subject: Re: Noob question 04 vs 05
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

I usually go for the newer model when purchasing used vehicles. Granted everything checks out. I may not go with an 05 if it has 20k more miles than the 04. Maybe the 04 is a one owner,garaged KJ and the 05 has had four owners and one fender bender but was repaired.Is one 4x vs. 2x drive ? I know you said they're the same ....

For myself i have an 07 KJ , i prefer the front end of the 04 way better. And thats another difference between the 04 and 05. The 05 looks like the 07 front end.

I was actually looking for a used xj ,tj model when i ran across the kj, libbie. I Googled everything about the KJ i could find. and based my decision of the info i found. I like the fact that the KJ has a bad rap for being the soccer mom jeep etc. When out on the trails its kind of cool to be different from all the other jeeps that look the same. Even if those other Jeeps are better than my Libbie.

Long answer short, Do research on everything from Google to Carfax. Good Luck!