It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: just a post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:20 am 
LOST Newbie

just trying to increase the # of posts in our UN-Lost forum.. so I will vent about my wife backing into my Liberty the other day- with her freakin Beetle!
Sad part is she had just come home after work for a shower..then off to a class for the day- a class that she could b late for.. So she pulled PAST my Jeep-just so she could b closer to the door. Then she backs out- without checking her right mirror- rubbing the right rear quarter of the Beetle along the drivers side door- B post and passenger door..LOVELY! unfortunately my Jeep is not lifted so it got a lot of steel.. not to mention her Formula 1 backing speed rubbed her clearcoat and blue paint onto the Jeep! Of course this "accident"- can I say that again? "accident" is all my fault cause I parked in the narrowing part of the driveway!@??! WTF?
Of course I quickly pointed out that she drove past my vehicle so she had to know it was there.. and she was able to get by it the first time! The dent is fairly un-noticeble, and a lot of the paint rubbing and clear coat will buff out..
Since I'm an optomist, I have decided now is a good time to do the bedliner coating on the lower sides. She feels pretty quilty about it-- maybe I can get a Frankenlift outta the deal??? Guess my rant is over.. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:57 am 
LOST Member

Dude, there are some very good life lessons to be learned here.

1. It is always your fault, once you accept that everything will be fine.

2. Opportunities like these should not be taken for granted, you will most definitely need some new power tools to buff out those scratches or prep for the bedliner coating.

3. The repair will require you to spend many hours in your man cave with your buddies contemplating on just how to properly repair the jeep.

2005 CRD Limited 4x4 - Deep Beryl Green - Selec-Trac
Trac-Lok - Skid Plates - BFG Radial Long Trail TA's- Rotella T 5W40 Synthetic.

2007 GC CRD Limited. Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

4. You will need a nicely prepared meal and beer for your buddies and yourself whilst in the man cave contemplating ways of putting on your new bedliner coating.

5. Plus with the garage being the place for these repairs to take place you will have to use ALL of the garage with her having to park her vdub out in the elements.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:18 am 
LOST Newbie

UPDATE! I sold the wretched Beetle- that'll teach her!! Just kidding.. we did sell the VW for something that sits up higher so she can see.. and it just so happens I have a wonderful garage/workshop to plan for future Jeep updates... thanks for the words of encouragement my fellow men! It's always easier when you know someone else has felt your pain..lol :lol: