It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Towing a WJ?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can you flat tow a WJ Grand Cherokee behind a motor home? A buddy of mine is trying to find out for someone else he knows. He said it was a 4x4 but I don't know if it is normal 4x4 or that funky 4x4 that the newer Grands have (select trac?). I told him I would try and find out but in the mean time to call the dealer and check the owners manual. Thanks for any responses. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Towing a WJ?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

CDB wrote:
Can you flat tow a WJ Grand Cherokee behind a motor home? A buddy of mine is trying to find out for someone else he knows. He said it was a 4x4 but I don't know if it is normal 4x4 or that funky 4x4 that the newer Grands have (select trac?). I told him I would try and find out but in the mean time to call the dealer and check the owners manual. Thanks for any responses. :mrgreen:

Any of the Jeeps with transfer cases that can be put into neutral can be flat towed behind a motorhome. That includes command trac, select trac and the various quadra tracs in Wranglers, Cherokees, Libertys and Grand Cherokees. He'll need a base plate and a tow bar that matches. The owner's manual indeed confirms this as well. The dealer may or may not know a thing about it. We tow our Liberty behind our motorhome and love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, I will let him know. I knew that the Wranglers and Libertys could be towed, but I had no clue about the Grand Cherokees. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:38 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

now THAT is a vehicle to tow. Wow, you look like a big cash man with those rigs!

Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
H&K USP .45 Attitude Backer