It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Most Jeeps are meant for off-roading and so is this one, if you consider a race track off road. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is powered by the biggest HEMI V8 yet, a 6.4-liter monster that pumps 465 hp through an all-wheel-drive system programmed to put it to the pavement. A retuned suspension and big Brembo brakes capable of handling the SUV's limited 155 mph top speed round out the package. Of course, if its capability you want, even this Grand Cherokee can tow 5,000 pounds, but you'll likely be hauling something else with it.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:56 pm 
LOST Addict

uh huh....

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

W9JAB wrote:
Most Jeeps are meant for off-roading and so is this one, if you consider a race track off road. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is powered by the biggest HEMI V8 yet, a 6.4-liter monster that pumps 465 hp through an all-wheel-drive system programmed to put it to the pavement. A retuned suspension and big Brembo brakes capable of handling the SUV's limited 155 mph top speed round out the package. Of course, if its capability you want, even this Grand Cherokee can tow 5,000 pounds, but you'll likely be hauling something else with it.

The 6.4 is not the biggest next gen HEMI you can get as a crate motor,the 7.2 is.Old school HEMI's can go as large as 572 cu in for a crate engine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not a fan of Jeep + SRT at all...

Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Although I freely admit I've always believed Jeeps are meant to be crawled, not 'rodded', I also have to say that the SRT8s that I rode in at Camp Jeep, in '06 were a blast! Camp Jeep was at Road America, in Elkhart Lake, WI - so Chrysler setup a chance for anyone who wanted to take a ride at speed, in Grand Cherokee SRT8s. (I still wouldn't take 'em offroad, though...... :D )

Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The new 2012 SRT8 is SICK!!! I really like the changes they've made to it. I've driven the older model and really really like it ... I can't wait to go for a drive in this one.
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04 ... -snorting/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Mike08Liberty wrote:
The new 2012 SRT8 is SICK!!! I really like the changes they've made to it. I've driven the older model and really really like it ... I can't wait to go for a drive in this one.
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04 ... -snorting/

It looks much better in person, trust me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 am 
LOST Member

Beyond "my" pocketbook.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 am 
LOST Newbie

I totally agree on what was exhibited above. Actually, I have my own Grand Cherokee and I am really a proud owner! Before, it took me awhile to decide on the vehicle I wanted, but when I drove the Grand Cherokee it had the best ride plus all the options I was looking for were there! The interior and exterior were the exact color combo I wanted. Indeed, I am very satisfied with my car and I would definitely recommend it! Well, by the way, have you heard about the Nameless 2012 Grand Cherokee? Yes, you read it right! Come on, let's give the car a name! I bet it will have best features too! :) I want to drive that car too as soon as it has the name already! :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank God they got rid of those centre mounted exhaust tips. That was probably the ugliest thing about it in my opinion.

2006 Jeep KJ Sport - GONE
OME Suspension Lift, ARB Bull Bar, 245/75R/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Mopar Light Bar, Front & Transmission Skid, Galaxy CB, Rola Roof Rack

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had an 08 SRT8 WK for a couple of years and now have a 12 SRT8 WK2 and love it. I miss the center exhaust though, but now I can tow if I need to. The 12 is a bit more refined and more "upscale" than the 08. The 12 is quiter inside but still screams outside. The adaptive cruise control is cool (hits the brakes for you if some idiot cuts in front of you) and the back up sensors are great (when you shift into reverse it will beep at you if a vehicle is approaching from either side). The 08 felt quicker to 60 but the timeslip comparisons say they're the same (probably just the quieter ride makes the 12 seem smoother and less "raw" getting to 60). One of the best features of the new 12 is how fast the paddle shifters work. Much quicker shifting than on my 08. I'm just waiting on some aftermarket parts and ECM tunes to start uping the horses but I'm happy for now. Oh, and the cooled seats are nice on my way home from the gym and the stereo is really good for a "factory" unit (the 12 Harmon Kardon system is way better than the upgraded Kicker system in the 08). It also has a "snow" setting which may activate a locking rear diff but I haven't checked that out yet (only had the new ride about 2 months) plus a "sport" and a "track" setting which stiffens up the suspension and changes the shift points (I wish it lowered it too like the "sport" setting did on my Porsche). Anyway, in my opinion the 12 is better than my 08 and better than my 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS (hope that comment doesn't start any kind of debate or flame war). My only quible is that I wish the panoramic sun roof opened all the way to the rear and that my "sport" setting would remain on when I start it up (I have to put it in sport mode each time I drive it), but I can live with those minor things.