It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: '97 GC Door Molding Came loose
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 am 
LOST Junkie

I recently aquired a '97 GC limited to tow behind our motorhome and while it work great all of a sudden the drivers door outside molding (no idea what the right term is) has come loose. It's loose at the bottom and back and when I pull it back to look behind it I can see a couple of pins in the door and some wierd plastic pieces that look like they should engage the pins.

How do I get this thing reattached again????

Thaks for any advice.

Richard

Post subject: Re: '97 GC Door Molding Came loose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 pm 
LOST Member

Since it is a 97, and you only have it to drag around, I would suggest using hot met glue. If you're careful, you should be able to get it glued on in such a way that it would be cosmetically perfect, and if you ever need to undo it, well, a heat gun and a razor blade will make quick work of getting it off.

But, it you want to use the intended pins, I would take it to a body shop. The may be willing to give you a handful of the clips for little or no charge, and will probably tell you how they work, to boot. In my experience, the people at the two local body shops have been very helpful.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.