It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee side mirror question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quick question, I had my side mirror damaged a while ago and subsequently rigged the glass to hang on until I could replace it. Unfortunately the glass and the frame the glass is glued to fell off and are completely lost. I had assumed that when I ordered the replacement glass, it would come with this frame, but it did not. What I mean is the actual mirror assembly is fine, I just need the part that the glass is glued to, and is then snapped into the assembly.

Amazingly enough it seems this part (or the glass and this part) is not for sale anywhere. All I can find is either just the glass, or the whole mirror assembly. Anyone have any idea of where I can find this?

Already have the glass, so would like to find just the piece, but can return the glass if I can find a way to buy them together.

Post subject: Re: 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee side mirror question
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi.
I had the same problem. I hit the very solid 60 foot poplar next to the drive while backing out of the garage. :cry:
I only had broken glass as well. Could only find whole assembly. Bought that. I'm more careful now. :)

Post subject: Re: 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee side mirror question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

You will either have to buy an new, complete unit or try a scrap yard, you might be able to just take the bits you need or even a whole second hand mirror.............