It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P0700 investigation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey folks,

Recently my 2004 WJ has been jumping between great and limp mode, which is a tear jerker. Did the code check, saw P0700, and went to a transmission shop to get specific codes.

Came back:
  • p0714: Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Intermittent
  • p0715: Input Speed Sensor

So I disconnected the battery, changed out both speed sensors, restarted to see the CEL still on with P0700, drove around the block and found that my Jeep skipped back into limp mode somewhere along the way.

That leaves p0714 open for discussion.. I was thinking my next move was to get a mechanic to replace the solenoid (Which is where the temp sensor is, correct?). Is this the right move? As I understand it, if the temp sensor fails, the TCM gets info from other sources and continues operating as normal.. Which isn't the case for me. Also, my transmission fluid is a light brown, which is bad considering I got the transmission flushed 40k back.

She ran fine for about a week after first exhibiting limp mode as well.. I want to try fix this instead of cruising down the highway at 3000RPM. :dizzy:

Any advice? Thanks!