It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rhino Line Lower Body Panels
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey All...not sure where this question should go, So ill try it here, forgive me if its the wrong place, If so just point me in the right direction.
Anyway..Im wanting to Rhino line/Herculine ?? etc-etc. the Lower 1/3 of the body of my 96 XJ..to help with the rust, and trail grimlins..
has anyone ever done this, or seen it done..I went to the local Zbart shop here, and even as I walked in, the salesman was shaking his head, saying they only did truck beds...I kinda just laughed, and said just consider it a truck bed, and spray away..lol...he didn't see any humor in that at all, as he walked to his NEW 07 Dodge Ram SRT, and turned his nose up at my XJ..I just Smiled, and said I bet thats never seen a drop of mud, or carried anything in the Bed huh ?? he smiled and said Nope..
as I got in my XJ to leave, I said Try a Jeep..they can Handle anything ya throw at it, and I don't spend my weekends Waxing a vehicle I'm afraid to use...and drove off..soooooo..I know where I wont be going for anything.!!.
but back to the question...any hints, clues, or how to do it ideas..whats good, whats not..??
Thanx for reading all..
Talk to ya soon.
HD.

AJ's Rock Rails,
Custom skids
R.E. HD CV Driveshaft,
R.E. SYE
Skyjacker 3.5" Lift,
Skyjacker shocks,
Rustys Steering Stabilizer,
Teraflex Quick Disconnects,
Grizzly Wheels, 31" BFG AT's,
K&N Air Filter,
Flowmaster 50 Deltaflow
Magnaflow Cat
http://www.myjeepspace.com/HillBillyDeluxe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have Herc on the lower panels of my XJ. I cleaned and scuffed the paint w/ a rough scotchbrite pad and then painted it on w/ the roller that the kit came w/. It come out fine and looked good for a while until the sun started to fade it out. If you can get it w/ the UV stuff in it it would be better. If I could do it over I would go w/ a different brand that is smoother (can't find the dang name of it right now) and has UV stuff in it. IIRC, allyrand used it to do his whole KJ recently or at least might know the name. Anyhow, it holds up well to small rocks, sticks, etc. but the dang sheet metal still dents. LOL!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

JJsKJ wrote:
I have Herc on the lower panels of my XJ. I cleaned and scuffed the paint w/ a rough scotchbrite pad and then painted it on w/ the roller that the kit came w/. It come out fine and looked good for a while until the sun started to fade it out. If you can get it w/ the UV stuff in it it would be better. If I could do it over I would go w/ a different brand that is smoother (can't find the dang name of it right now) and has UV stuff in it. IIRC, allyrand used it to do his whole KJ recently or at least might know the name. Anyhow, it holds up well to small rocks, sticks, etc. but the dang sheet metal still dents. LOL!

Lol..Yeah the Dents are the least of my Worries...Hey..maybe a few more little ones will take your focus of the 2 Big ones on the front quarter pannels...4 foot XJ dosn't fit between 3 ft/9" trees...Well it will now..LOL.
But Thanx for the Info...so I know it will work now, so I can go ahead with finding the right stuff.
Agian Thanx.
HD :shock:

AJ's Rock Rails,
Custom skids
R.E. HD CV Driveshaft,
R.E. SYE
Skyjacker 3.5" Lift,
Skyjacker shocks,
Rustys Steering Stabilizer,
Teraflex Quick Disconnects,
Grizzly Wheels, 31" BFG AT's,
K&N Air Filter,
Flowmaster 50 Deltaflow
Magnaflow Cat
http://www.myjeepspace.com/HillBillyDeluxe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No problem, we need to get more info and questions answered in this section.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:25 am 
LOST Newbie

I just used the spray on stuff from walmart. Holds up pretty good & easy touch up if it does get marred. JIM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:56 am 
LOST Newbie

I did mine with Herculiner and used a wire brush on my grinder and drill to really get the old factory installed tape off and really scuff up the paint