It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: just bought a yellow 01 xj... have some questions on shoppin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok,

So about a month ago I was on here with a die hard plan to buy a liberty, lift and tire it, rack it and bumper it.. well i bought an 06 sport, just what i was wanting.. I am in maine, bought it at the auction in missouri. I let my wife drive it for a while until she could bring it up when she comes to visit. yeah big mistake.. she told me to sell her santa fe and she is keeping this lol... so i did, and i was still with my scion tc. well i just sold my scion and am delivering it tomorrow and going to pick up a 2001 yellow cherokee on the way back. so after my story.

Where is a good place to get cherokee parts? I would like a steel bumper, and a 2-3" lift... Is there any good cheap lifts for the xj or is ome still the way to go. any tips would be appreciated... i would like to run 245 tires

2006 Libery sport 4x4
DLS components, eD amps, apline H/U, tsunami wiring
OME life/ rancho struts/shocks--coming next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Well, you can fit 235/75R15s stock on an xj. So 245's would be a waste. 3 inches of lift and you can fit 32/11.50R15s. Check out NAXJA - the North American XJ Association, theres lots of good tech and links for parts over there. I went with a rubicon express lift - I think their 3 inch lift can be had for around 600$. And thats with new rear leaf packs. As far as bumpers go - there are alot more people making them for the xj than the kj, so you just have to find one that fits your taste. Be forewarned, some of the XJ guys aren't as nice as the KJ guys, so be sure to search for your answer before you just post it. And feel free to PM me for any questions as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=939460

Above thread on NAXJA shows a super cheap budget build I did on a teens XJ to fit 245/75-16 MT/R's on stock KJ wheels. XJ works well for cheap and looks good. You can do it super cheap if you shop around or go for a RE lift that is easily upgradable as you get inchitis.

OME can't be beat for overall quality in a small lift but you pay the price in $$ cost.

I think the best bet is to shop on NAXJA in your local section for used parts including bumpers. XJ folks are constantly changing and upgrading so you can often find great deals on used parts that are in fine shape. Keep the questions coming here and us XJ owners will help any way we can. :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:48 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Check out the tech section of my website for another homebrew budget lift. I used to make XJ armor, so can't help you much there, but if you have any questions, give me a call or email. I know a few companies pretty well that I highly recommend doing business with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:55 am 
LOST Newbie

X2 on the www.naxja.org forum. Visit the vendor's site for a nice list of parts dealers. Most give a naxja discount if you are a member.

L.O.S.T. Member # 224