It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am 
LOST Addict

Well, it doesn't sound all bad. Once you have proof of ownership (through the process you described above), it sounds like they should be able to get it for you.

Have you joined the NAXJA Forum yet?

They have been real helpful to my buddy Bill on his '94 as well...

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:47 pm 
LOST Addict

Dang man, that is a hell of a nice jeep! I am amazed it cleaned up THAT well! Good job and great find!!! Wanna trade ;)

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

OK... More digging around the Jeep. I think all my spiders are gone. Got her up on jack stands the other night so I can crawl under there. I pulled the front skid plate down. There was about 30lbs of mud up there. The rubber flapper thing that keeps stuff from entering the front of the engine compartment from underneath is hanging 1/2 way down. That shouldn't be to hard to fix. Need some of those x-mas tree things. Then I pulled the right front tire. Brakes look new. Rotors and pads are in great shape. But something didn't look right. The caliber wasn't sitting right. So I started tugging on it, and the top bolt that holds the caliber to the brake assembly was gone. The bottom bolt was tight, but the top was gone. "Do you want fries with your brake job sir?" So that was a good find.

The vacuum line for the 4x4 hubs is neat.

The paper work for the title is in progress. By 7/5/09 it will be MINE.

So that's the update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Okay, Burchie, you've been posting pics of Wint o Green on "other sites", but not providing an update here....

What's up with that?

The pics of her in the "Refugee camp" at KJCountry looked awesome!!!!! :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Burchie, any updates?

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:30 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey Guys, Sorry I was gone for so long. Here is a little update on the XJ.

Well, we went camping.

Did a little wheeling.

I found some used shocks for 40 buck, and some tires and rims for 40 bucks too. Then more camping.

Then I had a massive oil leak.

Got that fixed.

Then did some more wheeling.

So far I've put 1K miles on her, and so far so good. Mechanically, every thing it running find. I have a little engine "stumble" when wheeling while pulling up hills. Just use 4 low and it pulls right up. shut her down for about 5, starts right back up and runs great. I can't get it to repeat the problem again, and it's only done it to me twice.

Put in a CB, so now I can talk to my peeps. (no pics, sorry)

Next is lift and bigger tires. Looking at the Rough Country 3" lift. add-a-leaf is $255 and with a new leaf pack $509.00. So hoping Santa is in a good mood this year.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3.html

Then looking for a roof rack, and other "stuff" to bolt / wield on to her.

But all in all, she's been a great jeep, and I look forward to many more trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:44 am 
LOST Addict

AWESOME pics!!!!! Awesome ride!!!! :D

I just knew she would be a great project vehicle. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy!!!

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Burchie build your own leaf packs. Find a set of XJ leaves, MJ and S-10's and make one pack out of them. Do a search for sensored word pack on NAXJA for more info. Rocklizard has a great write-up on a 3" budget boost. V-8 ZJ coils with a 2" spacer and sensored word pack in the rear and you would be set.

Parakeet

89 XJ that thinks tax time is Christmas

I will have another KJ I promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:47 pm 
LOST Addict

4wdParakeet wrote:
Burchie build your own leaf packs. Find a set of XJ leaves, MJ and S-10's and make one pack out of them. Do a search for swell guy pack on NAXJA for more info. Rocklizard has a great write-up on a 3" budget boost. V-8 ZJ coils with a 2" spacer and swell guy pack in the rear and you would be set.

Agreed. Very cheap and lots of fun to build!!!!! A buddy of mine with a '94 XJ did his that way. Did the Monroe shocks for the MJ in the rear, and I don't remember what we did in the front/

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Don't search for swell guy pack on NAXJA, the filter changed bast**d to that. I went ahead and found the link I was talking.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm.

Here it is. To get to 3" just add a 2" spacer to the front (I've seen them used for 25 bucks or less).

For the rear you can do it a couple ways. Get a spare pair of stock XJ leaf pack and add them to your leave pack to get you the 3" of lift. Keep in mind, the more leaves you add the stiffer the ride will be.

Another way of doing this is adding a couple leaves and a extended shackle. (you can find these used on the different forums for ususally cheap also)

Either way you can have a kit that performs and rides as well as if not better than a kit. Just takes a little searching and a few busted knuckles.

You don't have to have just XJ leaves though. Any leaf that is the same dimensions will work. A search will find you a chart with different spring packs length from eye to eye, eye to center pin, and center pin to eye. I am looking for a set of dodge cargo van springs (rare and expensive in my area apparently). They are little longer to get me a better shackle angle.

A better shackle angle give you better flex and on-road ride.

DON'T DO AAL, blocks or extremely stupid long shackles. Do it right the first time and then you don't have to mess with it untill you decide that you want to go bigger.

Parakeet

89 XJ that thinks tax time is Christmas

I will have another KJ I promise.