It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:49 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I got it. Drove it around last night and it drove really really nice. Some basic things need work. It was low on tranny, and power steering fluid. Turn signal is burned out. Needs a good cleaning. Front shocks are bad. But it ran like a champ, heated right up to temp, no leaks. 4x4 worked good, and the ac was ice cold. I'll post some more pics once i get all the crap out of it. It even had the owners manual in the glove box.

Now to work on getting the title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Great buy from the sounds of it! I had looked at one of the Border Patrol XJs a few years back, ( same color as yours) had a whole notebook of paperwork with it with all oil changes etc logged in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:02 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks. For 500 buck what the hell. I spend that a month in beer. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:shock: Whooohoo! Burchies got a 4x4 JEEP again!! 8)

Now come get these darn tires out of my back yard!

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 am 

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! The Burchie Bird is back in the game!!!!!!

Now change that sig line will ya :wink:

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Day 1. Gave her a bath and am working on cleaning out the inside. Then on to the engine compartment and the underneath. It's going to take at least a month to get the pink, so I might as will get a cleaning while i wait.

on the mechanical side... I topped of the power steering fluid and the trainny juice. Everything works great now. Shifts nice a smooth. Found it has an external tranny cooler on the front of the radiator. She went right up to temp, around 210 and stayed there. I could hear the thermostat opening and closing. Turned on the AC and the electric fan turned on, and the AC was ice cold. I hit the wiper fluid to wash the widows. That worked fine. The darn low wiper fluid light came on. The brake light is on in the dash. Need to figure that out. She stops fine. peddle is a little soft, but no squeaks or grinding. Or pulling to one side or the other. E-brake goes all the way up, but it holds the jeep. So all in all, i'm real happy with what i got. Just need to get the pink in hand now.

I'll post some more pics of the inside and out tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JJsKJ wrote:

what is it you have. Size and all that. Are they on rims? Can you bring them to the AAT gig on the 13th, or I can come to your place that sunday.

Basically, at the AAT I will have the big jeep with the boy, or bring the Pri up there if they will fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:42 am 
LOST Addict

Burchie wrote:
The darn low wiper fluid light came on.

Oh no, this is serious. I'm afraid the Jeep is no good now, I'll take it off your hands cheap, after you do the leg work to get the pink.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Burchie wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:

what is it you have. Size and all that. Are they on rims? Can you bring them to the AAT gig on the 13th, or I can come to your place that sunday.

Basically, at the AAT I will have the big jeep with the boy, or bring the Pri up there if they will fit.

Heres pics.
as you can see, one is an oddball but same size and nothing wrong w/ it. Sean said you can have them cuz your such a cool guy! :wink:

they are 30x9.5x15's and should get you around for a while because there is lots of tread on them. Best bet would be to come see me to get them. No way they will fit inside my KJ during a trip unless I am alone. (if that happens, I'll just bring them) oh and you don't Have to take them obviously, don't feel obligated or anything.....as if..... just want you to have good rubber on that Jeep. :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:35 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JJsKJ wrote:
they are 30x9.5x15's and should get you around for a while because there is lots of tread on them. Best bet would be to come see me to get them. No way they will fit inside my KJ during a trip unless I am alone. (if that happens, I'll just bring them) oh and you don't Have to take them obviously, don't feel obligated or anything.....as if..... just want you to have good rubber on that Jeep. :wink:

Not going to turn down free rubber. :wink: When the date gets closer, we will work out the details.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm 

Burchie wrote:

Not going to turn down free rubber. :wink: When the date gets closer, we will work out the details.

8)

That's what she said. :D

I give it till the end of the year before it has another 'Cleghorn" dent in the hood...

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

daspes wrote:
Burchie wrote:

8)

That's what she said. :D

I give it till the end of the year before it has another 'Cleghorn" dent in the hood...

I suspect Burch will avoid Cleghorn. :lol:
Heck, all these years and trails and I have yet to do it. Based on what I have seen and heard it isn't all that great a trail anyway.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Well day 2 is coming to an end. Basically more cleaning. Got the spare tire mounted inside and the cover all cleaned up. Did some work on the back carpet, but don't want to scrub to much for fear it might just all start falling about. Hose the underneath off again to get al that red GA mud out of there and to wash away more spiders. As of right now the spider count is 9 Blk Widows. The ones with the red dots on the belly, and 3 other types. I hate spiders!!!

Then I hosed out the engine compartment. Lots of oil and crap in there. Went to take a look at the air filter. That was a mess, and the inside of the air box was full of crap. So I took the whole box out and cleaned EVERYTHING. Looks bran new. Even cleaned the metal underneath while the box was out. Still green. Got a new air filter.

The reservoir for the brakes was empty. That explains why the peddle is real soft.

I'm finding lots of wires clusters that have factory connecters on the ends that don't hook up to anything. And a vacuum line that looked new, and had good suck not hooked to anything. ?? I need to find another '94 and dig around in it.

I opened the glove box, and the light inside there came on.

So more cleaning and spider killing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:13 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey JJ,

I have factory tires on it now. 225/75/15 = 28.3x8.9x15. Do you think the 30's will fit? I was shocked by how much lift you have to have to run a bigger tire. Well, it says it will fit....

Found this:

-------
Tire Size - Amount of lift - Body Mod & Fender Trimming:

29x9.50, 235/75R15, 255/70R15
No lift needed - Some chance of rubbing under full articulation

29x10.50", 29x11.50"
No lift - Minor fender trimming will be needed
1"-2" of lift - Well experience some rubbing under full articulation and minor trimming may be needed

30x9.50"
No lift - most likely experience some rubbing (okay for street only)

30x10.50", 30x11.50",30x12.50"
2" lift - wider the tire trimming maybe needed

NOTE: The wider the tire the more trimming needed

31x9.50", 31x10.50"
2.5" lift - some trimming will be needed
3" lift - no trimming

31x12.50", 31x13.50", LT325/60R15
3"-4" lift - fender trimming will be needed
4.5"-5" lift - minor fender trimming

32x9.50, 32.10.50"
4"-4.5" lift - minor fender trimming

32x11.50", 32x12.50", 32x14.50"
4.5"-5" lift - trimming will be needed.

33x9.50", 33x10.50", 33x11.50"
5.5" lift - some trimming needed
6"-6.5" lift - no trimming

33x12.50"
5.5"-6" lift - Trimming will be needed

34x9.50"
6" lift min. - minor trimming

35x12.50"
8" lift - fender trimming will be needed
Note:
- This is with minimal lift needed
- With a combination of aftermarket flares or TJ flares / fender trimming will help to accommodate larger tires for full articulation. (This becomes a factors with mostly 32"+ tires)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:50 pm 
LOST Addict

My buddy has a '94 with I think something like 180K miles on it. Great ride. We go to the Pull-A-Part junkyards all the time to get stuff for it... :wink:

Oh, and we did a backyard add-a-leaf lift on it using the instructions that Marty posted at Rocklizard too!!! :D

I think the Forest Service Green color is completely disgusting, BUT I also think you should keep it that color!!!! People will ALWAYS know whose ride it is!!! :lol:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Cobolt-60 wrote:
I think the Forest Service Green color is completely disgusting, BUT I also think you should keep it that color!!!! People will ALWAYS know whose ride it is!!! :lol:

It's an old boarder patrol jeep. I need to find the stickers and circle the local Home Depot on a Saturday morning. That should stir things up. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Burchie wrote:
It's an old boarder patrol jeep. I need to find the stickers and circle the local Home Depot on a Saturday morning. That should stir things up. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:10 am 
LOST Addict

Burchie wrote:
Cobolt-60 wrote:

Thats just wrong :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

( I want pictures :lol: )

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:18 am 
LOST Addict

A buddy of mine has a Forest Service green Toyota truck that is really really nice. I think you should keep the color as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I think it looks great. Green with the BLK accents. No chrome at all. Except for the rims. And it was painted from the factory that color. So it all matches. Door jams, firewall. I need to look at the sticker in the door and see if it give me a paint code.

I'll get some close up pics of it tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next