It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MJ 318 swap questions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all I'm new here and have a few questions about doing a 318 swap in my 1990 Comanche.i just received a 318,auto tranny and transfer case out of a grand Cherokee with the complete engine harness and computer. The questions I have are what motor mounts should I use or should I just make my own, can I use the factory exhaust manifolds or do I have to get block huggers,can I just swap the complete harness from the grand cherokee and take out the original Comanche harness or will I have to splice the two together any help will make my life a lot easier.
And off topic question. Driving home tonight, I was 200 yards from home and got messages saying "Service traction control" and "Service stabilitrak". Pulled in the driveway, turned truck off and on again and had both messages plus check engine light. Put truck in reverse and it shifted pretty hard- much harder than normal. Also noticed I no longer had a gear shift indicator (gears were lit up but couldn't see what gear it was in). Looked at my rear view mirror and saw backup camera no longer worked. Checked back up lights and they are out too (although they light fine when you turn truck off). Codes from reader show U0101 and P2544.

All symptoms appeared at same time. Can a bad TCM cause all of these or is something else going on?