It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Have you checked out the All New 2007 Jeep Wranglers?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Guys…
Have you checked out the 2007 Jeep Wrangler and the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door yet? It’s the best so far!

The all new Jeep Wrangler is everything you expect; it’s taller, stronger, and tougher, it holds more horsepower and torque! It has tougher axles, more available options, tougher drivetrain, more ground clearance, and larger tires and wheels on all models!

Wow! :D You can visit jeep.com and take a 360 degree look at the 2007 Jeep Wrangler inside and out.

http://www.jeep.com/07wrangler/gallery/?pid=Forum&adid=07Launch_Fl_AUTO

or

http://www.jeep.com/en/07wranglerunlimited/gallery/?pid=Forum&adid=07Launch_FL_AUTO

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kelly S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Have we?! Some of us were on the Rubicon working the JK media events! You are not kidding it is Awesome, it is better in almost Every regard. I look forward to buying one in the future.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:51 pm 
LOST Member

So does this mean all Jeep dealerships will warranty offroad related issues with Jeep advertising on their sites...

http://www.active.com/donate/teamglasam ... 8/RWaddell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:22 am 
LOST Member

I disagree, I'ld rather have a tj, yj, or cj. The plastic fenders look cheesey, it's new gruth is not a benifit on tighter trails. the v6 sucks compared to the inline 4.0, it looks good on paper, but for real world wheeling, people are gonna miss the lowend power of the 4.0. The 4.0 made 90% of it's torque below 2000 rpm's. They didn't even give us an ohc engine, but a cam in block mini van motor. I heard this is only temperary untill they can shoehorn the new 4.0 v-6 in there, lets hope so. When the wrangler lost the inline 6 and 4, that was it's last tie to it's true jeep heritage, it's no longer a jeep, but a chrysler. The I-6 was the last thing designed by american motors and it was a knock off from earlier kaiser willy's engines. It's the end of an erra I saw a new 4-door yesterday, it favored a hummer from the side, jeep should set the standard, not copy something else. The new wrangler isn't bad persay, but you can see the direction jeep is headed, can you say "compass" anyone !!!!!!

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

After much soul searching, I decided to get an '06 Rubicon Unlimited, rather than go with the new model. I prefer the "older" style of the TJ and the 4.0 engine.

2006 Silver Unlimited Rubicon w/OME suspension, Jeeperman side bars, various skids, Hanson front bumper w/Warn 9.5ti, Tuffy overhead console, Wet Okole seat covers, other various goodies....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:42 pm 
LOST Member

wendell wrote:
I disagree, I'ld rather have a tj, yj, or cj. The plastic fenders look cheesey, it's new gruth is not a benifit on tighter trails. the v6 sucks compared to the inline 4.0, it looks good on paper, but for real world wheeling, people are gonna miss the lowend power of the 4.0. The 4.0 made 90% of it's torque below 2000 rpm's. They didn't even give us an ohc engine, but a cam in block mini van motor. I heard this is only temperary untill they can shoehorn the new 4.0 v-6 in there, lets hope so. When the wrangler L.O.S.T. the inline 6 and 4, that was it's last tie to it's true jeep heritage, it's no longer a jeep, but a chrysler. The I-6 was the last thing designed by american motors and it was a knock off from earlier kaiser willy's engines. It's the end of an erra I saw a new 4-door yesterday, it favored a hummer from the side, jeep should set the standard, not copy something else. The new wrangler isn't bad persay, but you can see the direction jeep is headed, can you say "compass" anyone !!!!!!

Don't compare the new Wrangler to the Compass. Compass doesn't have solid axles or a true low-range. No locking diffs. No ground clearance. No swaybar disconnects.

I'll tell you this: There is a big reason that Jeep decided to add a 4 door to the lineup. The Army has wanted a replacement for the HMMWV for a while now and it looks like the new Unlimited is what they asked for. Imagine a JK unlimited with D60 axles and a diesel. Armored not only for rocks but for 7.62x39 and RPGs and you have something ready for Baghdad (or Tehran, Pyongyang, Damascus, etc)

I'm interested to see what GM comes up with as far as competition. I pray that its not an H3... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you guys for your feedback, we look for and appreciate all negative and positive. JJsKJ, when were you thinking of purchasing? Soon? Do you need any brochure's or pricing packages? I can definitely send one out to you, please let me know.

You guys mentioned the 2007 Jeep Compass. Have you played Compass Karaoke on the Jeep website? Well, for all those who were or still are (secretly for some) big fans of the 80’s, you can re-live some of those moments by singing your heart out in a karaoke session available to you through the Jeep Compass Karaoke web page! We encourage you to visit the web site for an interactive ‘studio’ session. In addition, you can create an electronic character to accompany your recording. Something fun to do :D

www.jeep.com

Keep me posted

If there's anything else I can do, or questions you have, please let me know. :D

Kelly S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I will most likely wait for at least the 08 model year before buying. I never buy a first year new model vehicle. Thanks for the offer though.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:53 pm 
LOST Addict

That's true ... but that means I'll have to wait until '09 before buying a used '08 model. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wife and I took a look at a Sahara Unlimited in Jeep Metalic Green the other day. Love that color. Wife kind of liked it, but I was not to impressed. I'm 6' 3" and I had to recline the drivers seat back so I could see out the windshield. That kind of kills the passanger leg room behind me. It would be ok for a small child, but for an adult, you would have about the same room as our current 06 Liberty.

I understand talking to DCX rep that even the future Liberty will have the same height problem. It seems the federal government only wants so much glass around our heads in case of an accident. My question is, then make a sub on wheels and give me a periscope.

It does have a bit more room in the back to haul some stuff, and the folding head rests are nice when folding down the back seats. I thought the front instruments were a bit on the "square" side. I could get use to that, I'm just not a fan.

Love the tires and rims. Why could my 05 X TJ come with those. ;-)

For us, family of 4, what Jeep could really do is just provide an Unlimited sized Wrangler that allows easy entry for kids/adults in the back, with some storage for a day out in the mountains. That's what they were trying for, but the current unlimited model is a bit to long for some of the trails were go on. I hope the new 2 door wrangler rubicon is more in line to what we want. I might trade my 95 x for that. But right now, I'm not interested in the new Wrangler Unlimited.

-Sunroof, Tow Package, 235/70R16 Wrangler Silent Armor
-Mopar: tow hooks, rock rails, skids, roof basket, seat covers, compartment partition
L.O.S.T. #062602

His:
2005 X Wrangler - Stock - Electric Lime Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

No problem JJsKJ :D any time ...
There are current incentives on the Jeep website. You can check them on a monthly basis, as they are always being updated. At the same time, dealerships are independently owned, so you may want to check with them periodically to see what they offer you.

Kelly S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Should I say "Kelly S sent me!" ? :wink: :wink:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:40 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

I got my first view of the new 4-door Wrangler and I like it. I wanted one based entirely on the TV commercials, but now I want one more. My only question is, and I need at least an educated guess on this, when will it be available with the diesel motor? I know there has been hesitation to put diesel motors in convertibles (never been one in the US as far as I know). But they're cleaner now and the ULSD has been rolling out all year. Is DC challenging the SOP regarding diesel in convertibles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:01 pm 
LOST Member

There's a black Unlimited Sahara at the local dealer with the soft top that I have looked at several times.....me want one BAD. But with the $4000.00 incentive on the diesel KJ's this month, would be a huge loss trading now. Have to wait until they weed out all the '06's so I can hopefully get a little better trade in. Going to drive one soon though since I almost bought an '06 unlimited Rubi when I bought my grocery getter I have now...haha. Stay tuned for further updates!!!! :)

Flame Red 2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 4.0L, 6sp, dual tops, Amsoil ASL 5W30 engine oil and EAO42 filter, IPF 920hc head light conversion with PIAA Xtreme White plus bulbs, Sylvania Silverstar H3ST fogs, Armadillo front/rear bumper caps and pretty much loaded.A few pics of my rig. http://www.gwkweather.net/id5.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:41 am 
LOST Member

Believe it or not, you can wheel a vehicle that has ifs, I've done it for years, I don't climb boulders, but do trail ride some pretty rough abandened looging roads and deer paths. Mostly go in the mountains of W,Va. I have yet to break anything in the ifs and it does get nasty at tmes. So having or not having a straight front axle doesn't really excite me either way. Having it is nice but not mandatory. I've even wheeled a ford escape, it did better than I thought it would, but it's no wrangler. The compass just doesn't seem to have any offroading features, unlike the patriot, which will have an offroad package and even a suedo lowrange. After wheeling the escape, i think the patriot will be a God send in that class, I still say the biggest complaint with the new wrangler will be the engine. DC knows this and if the jk doesn't get the new 4.0, I think a diesel option will be offered soon if not both.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed