It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lifts for JKs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:31 am 
LOST Member

With the new 4" and 6" lifts coming out for KJs, I was wondering what the best, most popular lifts are for the JKs, and how the prices compare. Anyone have any insight?

-Up Next: Lift?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:52 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

Definetly there are countless lifts for the new JKs out there

All J's Heather JK had a Nth degree lift in it - but with all the new about Nth, nobody knows where that went

I have seen various lifts but looks like a lot of folks are waiting a bit longer to go to a higher lift.
I've ssen budget boosts allover - and all of them might be waiting for the first generations to give some feedback and get better on the 2nd gen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 pm 
This member has been Banned

I drove a JK with a 2.5" TeraFlex Budget Boost. If I ever get a JK I think that's the route I'm going to go... 2.5" BB and some 33" Toyo MTs.

Kind of like this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:21 pm 
LOST Addict

I've seen a few 3 and 4" coil lifts but I doubt you will find too many taller than that since you can run a 35" tire with just a 3" lift. Not too many people will want a tire larger than that and if they do they might start thinking about swapping to a larger axle (Ford 9", Dana 60 etc.). So those people wouldn't necessarily be using off the shelf parts.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:44 pm 
LOST Member

Wow, thanks for the feedback and pics. That is a nice looking Jeep!

-Up Next: Lift?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

With the JKs 2.5-3 inch lifts will fit 35s, 4-4.5 lifts will fit 37s. With either and an automatic, you'll need to sway gears. TeraFlex, Full Traction, Pro Comp, Skyjacker, Superlift, Rubicon Express, Black Diamond, ARB, etc make lifts for the JK. Lot's to choose from. Here is my JK with a TeraFlex 2.5 lift, 35s and I'm running 5.13 gears. (4.10 are stock for the Rubis).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 am 

Just some food for thought on the JK lifts ,applies to KJ as well
You can lift your Jeep 2" or less and NOT void the warranty
One of the semi local 4X4 shops does lifts and other goodies for a local dealer
the dealer sells these Jeeps NEW lifted ,rock rails ,winches you name it all under warranty ,not the winch
but NOTHING over 2" ,Budget Boost and 33's
This will not even void the life time power train warranty
Any lift over 2" will 95% void the power train warranty
I know that gear swaps and 35's will for sure

This info on the 2" lift comes from a Chrysler corprate warranty rep. not just the dealer
The dealer would not sell the lifted Jeeps new with out getting it in writing first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 pm 
LOST Addict

People are always saying that about 2 inch lifts. Yet I still hear stories of people being denied warranty coverage just for putting on one size larger tires without a lift. I think that it's just an urban legend that you will keep your entire warranty with a 2" lift. All warranty issues still come down to the Magnusson-Moss act. They need to prove it was the modification that caused the part in question to fail. Why else did they even need to pass that law. I would like to see that in writing from Chrysler. Until then I won't believe it.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:42 pm 

chefdab wrote:
People are always saying that about 2 inch lifts. Yet I still hear stories of people being denied warranty coverage just for putting on one size larger tires without a lift. I think that it's just an urban legend that you will keep your entire warranty with a 2" lift. All warranty issues still come down to the Magnusson-Moss act. They need to prove it was the modification that caused the part in question to fail. Why else did they even need to pass that law. I would like to see that in writing from Chrysler. Until then I won't believe it.

Yeah I know that my local dealer will give me crap if I go to them with an issue under the 7/70
so I will not go to them I will simply go to the one that sells NEW LIFTED Jeeps
That way I know I am good
If I MUST go to my local dealer I will get it in writing from the other dealer and the warranty rep for them
I know that several of the guys that work at the dealer that sells lifted jeeps wheel with us so my best bet is to pay to get it to them if the worst case should happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My dealer honors the warranty for everything not modified. The dealer put my 5.13s in for me and fixed my locker. The locker was covered by warranty. So he charged me to put the front gears in, and only the extra labor for the rear gears beyond what was required to fix the locker. If the 5.13 gears break, it's my cost. If the locker breaks again, it's covered by the warranty.