It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kj in a tight spot you are going to love the new Rubi and it sounds like you already do. As far as going back to a stick the hardest part for me was trying to pass on "the dotted section" of a two lane road when you start from 6th. Getting down to fourth quickly is a little tricky when you have not done it in a while.

Bad news, watch the clutch. It seems that the clutch for this year TJ has had some problems. I have had to take mine to the shop because the clutch will not disengauge when the pedal is pressed (sometimes). Hopefully this will not be a problem in yours and this has been my only negitive mark on my Rubi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Also just for the Rubi owner R.O.F.

Check it out 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Congrats on the new ride!

First mod: Ditch the milk jugs. You can get flat bumper end caps at the stealership for under 3 bucks each. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks, Ill definitely check out the ROF forum, and will ditch the milk jugs too :wink:

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:12 am 
LOST Member

So i guess if i trade mine for a cheby truck then four by of course then i would be not accepted anymore....The wife (of all people) wants me to trade my "girl" jeep for a more manly truck...not to mention a cheaper payment....

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:47 pm 
LOST Member

i have been in this norcal chapter,since the old days,i too have a[ red] rubi 06'.we kept the kj and my 03' tj,48 cj.and the club has never tried to disown,just gotta keep goin on the runs,speaking of which you missed the strawberry pass run.aka kwrkjlover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:37 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Carnut: What ken says. Wheel what you bring. Stick with this list long enough and you'll find LOST is more about good folks that it is about KJs.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bakerkj wrote:
The only dark side of being a Rubi owner is you're at the top of the food chain.

Everytime you get stuck, everyone will say "That dude took the wrong line, I could have made that."

Get stuck in a Liberty, Everyone says "It's not his fault he's driving a Liberty, they aren't made for that"

Drive your Liberty right thru a mud pit a rubi just got stuck in, like we did at the camp jeep pre-run this weekend and you are a master jedi! :twisted:

Is it just me, or is your damage list in your signature starting to grow a little faster??? :shock:

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alljeep wrote:
Bakerkj wrote:
The only dark side of being a Rubi owner is you're at the top of the food chain.

Everytime you get stuck, everyone will say "That dude took the wrong line, I could have made that."

Get stuck in a Liberty, Everyone says "It's not his fault he's driving a Liberty, they aren't made for that"

Drive your Liberty right thru a mud pit a rubi just got stuck in, like we did at the camp jeep pre-run this weekend and you are a master jedi! :twisted:

Is it just me, or is your damage list in your signature starting to grow a little faster??? :shock:

Glad to see you made it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 am 
LOST Member

I have both and my Liberty is more secure for my work .so that is my DD and on weekends my wife lets me drive her Unlimited.
Image Image

Image Image