It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GOING TO THE DARK SIDE...RUBI BABY!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey y'all, I am going to the darkside.

I have decided to go ahead and sell the beast KJ for a 06 TJ Rubi before the crappy lookin JKs come out and while all the freakin hot deals are rollin over at Jeep. Don't hate me, I ain't leavin LOST for good as long as y'all will still have me minus my KJ. I have loved that vehicle for almost 3 years, but I am ready for a change, a change for the better hopefully. What kinda colors do y'all like? My rankin is going Yellow, Red, Black, and Jeep Green. Have not decided. Stick of course. Haven't driven that in a while. Does the Rubi have a nice clutch system? Anyways, sorry for abandoning the KJ, but I could not justify spending upwards of $10K for a SFA, not counting lockers, tires, wheels, gears, etc. Lots of mooulah that I ain't got. 8)

kj in a tight spot

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TRAITOR!!!

:lol: HAHA

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:32 am 
LOST Member

hmmmm that gives me an idea of moving to the dark side as well! :shock:
nah....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kj in a tight spot I am your father.
:shock:
Not really :P I have put about 4k on my new Rubi and have already turned the motor a dark brown. As I have been informed it may not be a kj but it is still a Jeep. The only difference is that you will have more respect for the kj than other Jeep owners do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I could not justify spending upwards of $10K for a SFA

I obviously don't know the details of your situation but Kelly Blue Book has an '04 Liberty in excellent condition with low miles retailing for just over $16k. I'll assume your Liberty is not in showroom condition. Now compare that to a base model (zero options) '06 Rubicon that invoices (dealer cost) at a hair over $26k.

Not to rain on anyone's parade...I'm just sayin' you're spending quite a bit more than $10k going for that Rubi. And this doesn't take into account the rapid depreciation of a new vehicle and about 5mpg worse gass mileage.

Now about this dark side business.....Lucas is a hack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Are you going to be selling anything from your jeep?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:57 am 
I live here
I live here

I wouldn't say getting a Rubi is moving to the dark side. It is a Jeep and you are staying in the family. Going to the dark side would be leaving the Jeep family and getting a Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Explorer, or Dodge Durango.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Go with yellow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:01 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
Going to the dark side would be leaving the Jeep family and getting a Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Explorer, or Dodge Durango.

I wonder how dark is Hummer side.........very very dark

another question, how dark is BMW side? I might be joining the forces of beemer devil in a couple of years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

shak wrote:
Quote:
Going to the dark side would be leaving the Jeep family and getting a Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Explorer, or Dodge Durango.

another question, how dark is BMW side? I might be joining the forces of beemer devil in a couple of years

That's perfect dark right there. If you kept a Jeep and got a BMW then it wouldn't be evil, but otherwise that is absolute opposites. actually I like the M3 and the 7 series, but to me the back end of the new 3 series looks like an early 90's honda. Anyway, kj in a tight spot, hope you enjoy the new rubi, although I disagree about the new JK. I think the new 4 door unlimited looks cool and will be even better lifted with an arb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 pm 
LOST Member

I'd say go green, with a tan top, definitely the best color combo for a TJ. All black is good too.

'04 TJ Sport - Solar Yellow, D44, stock for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
shak

Quote:

I wonder how dark is Hummer side.........very very dark

It wouldn't be that dark if it was a H1,it would be very,very,very dark if it was a H2 or H3(Tahoe and Canyon junk).

Post subject: Color
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 pm 
LOST Addict

I will give my vote to the jeep green as well. I love it on our liberty. And it suits all of the jeeps well. Plus it blends well with mud sand grass dust etc...

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The only dark side of being a Rubi owner is you're at the top of the food chain.

Everytime you get stuck, everyone will say "That dude took the wrong line, I could have made that."

Get stuck in a Liberty, Everyone says "It's not his fault he's driving a Liberty, they aren't made for that"

Drive your Liberty right thru a mud pit a rubi just got stuck in, like we did at the camp jeep pre-run this weekend and you are a master jedi! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Dodge Durango.

Hey, it's still DC :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SethX9 wrote:
Quote:

I obviously don't know the details of your situation but Kelly Blue Book has an '04 Liberty in excellent condition with low miles retailing for just over $16k. I'll assume your Liberty is not in showroom condition. Now compare that to a base model (zero options) '06 Rubicon that invoices (dealer cost) at a hair over $26k.

Not to rain on anyone's parade...I'm just sayin' you're spending quite a bit more than $10k going for that Rubi. And this doesn't take into account the rapid depreciation of a new vehicle and about 5mpg worse gass mileage.

Zero options? Well if you call not having leather and power windows no options well I guess I gave up a few things. But I gained the soft top and all of its options. Plus the removable doors the SFA the solid steel bumpers the lockers and the fact that it is a tank. I will never discredit the Libby as I wheeled it as hard or harder than most people out there. Besides Kelly Blue Book might say $16K but the minute the guy at the dealership saw my Libby he burned the Blue Book and started looking for the straight parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I suppose if I had to do it all over agan I'd go find a late '90s stocker Wrangler for under $10k and roll my own. The Liberty is my first 4x4 and I'm lovin' it. I've driven a friend's Rubi and I don't know if I'd want it for a daily driver. For now, the Liberty is the perfect vehicle for me. Again, I wasn't trying to rain on any parades. Hey, it's all about gettin' out and havin' fun anyways right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got it guys! Yellow, soft top base 2006 Rubicon!!! It is stick and I get to pick it up on Friday! I will definitely not discredit the KJ in any way since I wheeled it for so long. I will not be selling anything off the KJ because the dealer wants to market it as an off roader, so they want to keep the goodies. I am only taking out the CB, High Lift, winch shackles and maybe a few odds and ends. Sorry guys, I wanted to strip it and hook you guys up with some killer deals but no can do. O and I got it for about $25K plus tax and all that other shiite! Lots of papers to sign, forgot about all that. 8)

O and one question to those with a Rubi, I have not driven a stick since I was in high school...do the 6 speeds come pretty smooth or are they hard to get started on a manual again? Any tips? Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't worry about the six speed. Mine will start out in first without even touching the gas. It will start out in second without hitting the gas if you ease off the clutch. My wife has driven more stick vehicles than I have and she ranks it as one of the easiest to drive. It shifts very easy. The 2nd to 3rd can be a little rough if your not easy with it, but from what I hear thats the nature of the beast. Once you get use to it you'll start out on a normal start in second. First gear is very very low, but use first on hills and towing to keep from burning the clutch. You'll be very happy with the six speed. Alot less trouble than an automatic. If you take care of it, the six speed will require little to no maintaince in 100000 miles. I'd still be driving my CRD if it had a six speed behind it.

Wes

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wesbronco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SethX9 wrote:
Quote:

I still think I am coming out on top on this one, especially since I got mine out the door off the lot for a hair under $25K. It already has thousands of dollars in mods out the box all with warranty, y'all already know that I know 8) . Plus the appeal of going back to the days when I grew up with Wranglers and CJs in the driveway got to me. No top, no doors, no problem :wink: I still think that I would much rather have a TJ with all the capability built right in from the factory than an SFA KJ that would cost at least $10K for a good SFA, but once you figure in new larger tires, lockers, new gears, all the doodads that go with the SFA and so on, it will be more than $10K for the SFA route. And you will never have the same feelin of drivin with top and doors off. Open air experience is awesome. I am not doggin my KJ, I have tremendous repsect for its capabilities, as I think all ex KJ now TJ owners on here do, unlike those over at the TJ rag boards :evil: Anyways, its a done deal and I am happy it was done.