It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Semi-important stuff from a fellow wheeler..
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I know that maybe this should be in the wanted section, but I figured it would be better here since it might be cool to discuss either way.

Currently Im building up a 92 Suzuki Samurai and the hood latch is broken. Here is where all of you guys out there with the Wranglers, etc. come in. I know Ive seen the plastic hood latches that go on either side of the hood. I dont know the rarity or watever of those, but Id like a pair. Ive searched ebay but they seem very overpriced.

If anyone plans on switching or upgrading their stock plastic latches to the SS, chrome, or metal type aftermarket latches, please let me know. I will buy your old latches or we can arrange some kind of deal you would like to work out. My email is cheech_chong65@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

Oh and I was checking out a Wrangler-X at the local dealership, took it for a test ride.. boy is it bouncy! I drive a stock 02 Civic and its a way different world in that thing. I might go for a Wrangler sometime soon, maybe a 2002-2007 somewhere in there. Whats the reliability of Jeep? I kno a Honda can go past 200k and still run, but Ive never had any word on Jeeps reputation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you grab an old 4.0L inline 6 it will run FOREVER if well maintained and pretty dang long if not well maintained. It is Common for the 4.0L to go 300k miles +. Don't know about your latches, good luck. Love your email addy. 8)

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:42 am 
LOST Newbie

JJsKJ wrote:
If you grab an old 4.0L inline 6 it will run FOREVER if well maintained and pretty dang long if not well maintained. It is Common for the 4.0L to go 300k miles +. Don't know about your latches, good luck. Love your email addy. 8)

As a Jeep n00b, what years/models(regular wrangler, rubicons, etc) are the 4.0s in? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:00 am 
LOST Member

Yea the 4.0L is in jeep yj and tj the new wranglers are a 3.8L. My buddy has a cherokee and its got the 4.0L in it and he has 300 000KM on it and just done water pump and basic maintaince stuff it doesn't owe him a cent. Pretty reliable stuff for him. I am always looking at jeep stuff now and have my liberty all made out to what I want to do with it. I would have a TJ but I have a family and need 4 doors and the new wrangler needs to get some of its bugs out of it before I think of picking up one of those.

Mopar hooks and Skids
BDS lift
dynomax super turbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The last year for the 4.0 liter was in 2006. They ran it in almost evert model but the KJ (I think), so if you are looking for one it should be pretty easy to pick one up. As far as the hood latches, look in your local junk-yard or just phone the stealership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WV(0)IIIIIII(0) wrote:
The last year for the 4.0 liter was in 2006. They ran it in almost evert model but the KJ (I think), so if you are looking for one it should be pretty easy to pick one up. As far as the hood latches, look in your local junk-yard or just phone the stealership.

Dont think the 4.0 was in the 97' and up Grand Cherokees either...but not 100% sure...but yea the 4.0 is a tank and a torque plant :) I have friends with TJs YJs and XJs that all have 100K+ and some are over 200k+ so they should still have at least another 100K+ on them :) Hopefully the 3.8 will not disappoint...

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!