It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrangler Soft Top
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

I recently purchased a clean '97 Wrangler that only has a hard top. I am looking for a soft top ... but the choices are endless. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a soft top? Are there differences in quallity, etc? I want to purchase a good top that will last me for a while. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Wrangler Soft Top
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't have experience with aftermarket tops and I only have a OEM Soft top on my '04 Rubicon, but if I ever need to replace it, I would go with the Rampage Bowless Top for both the function and style.

Quick side note; GO TOPLESS DAY! - May 8th, 2010

Last edited by oddball on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm 
LOST Member

I still have my original soft top on my 99 TJ (I got the dual top option and I have not used the soft top too much so it is in pretty good shape). I have heard a lot of good things about Bestop. They have several different versions of soft tops for the TJ including the Sunrider which lets you fold back part of it (kind of like having a sunroof). You can get them at just about any place that sells Jeep stuff. Some vendors are http://www.4wd.com and http://www.Quadratec.com. I hope that helps. While I have not used my soft top a lot, I have always enjoyed it when I have used it. There is nothing like that open air feeling. :D

1999 Wrangler Sahara
2" Teraflex lift with flexarms, ARB air lockers Front/Rear, Skid Plates, BFG 31x10.50 ATKOs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 am 

My recommendation would be the Viking Fastback Soft Top. Very Reputable company,great reviews, and the price is about the same as other soft tops. Best thing about it is it can be a full soft top, an open top with just the back on, or a safari style top.

***Edit - they are being discontinued, so they have a discounted price of 575. Limited supplies, now is the time to get one. http://winchline.com/soft-tops.htm

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for the replies that I received on my question on a soft top ... I am looking into the Viking Fastback ... but have some other good leads too ... thanks again!