It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2003 Wrangler Starting Issue HELP!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2003 wrangler freedom edition 4x4 6cyl. I have replaced the starter 3 times in the past 6 months and my car will not start again! I did the key thing to get the code and it displayed P0465. I need help because I am running low on funds to keep bringing it to the shop and have them tell me its the starter. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: 2003 Wrangler Starting Issue HELP!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Need more info. The code doesn't fit a starter problem. This might be why changing the starter 3 times didn't fix the problem. :dizzy: Does the mechanic have a boat, a big boat? :roll: What is it doing? Have you pulled the starter and bench tested it? Are the right wires on it? How's the battery? What about the alternator? Starter solinoid? :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

I took it to the mechanic today..well I should say that the mechanic drove to my house today...and diagnosed my starter again. He said once he hit the starter the car started right up. I am getting tired of replacing this darn thing. I have already replaced the battery as well. He told me that the starter just gets too hot and burns out the cell. I asked for a heat shield so I guess we shall see tomorrow when I pick it up. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix the problem other then what the mechanic is saying?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, heat sheild, can't be too bad.... When it works, does it start right away or crank for a while? Extra cranking wears it out faster. When was your last tune up? What is the compression? Stick or auto? If stick, does it start differantly in neutral with the clutch in than in gear with the clutch in, could be a clutch problem. Are you getting a good brand of starter? I know you said money is tight but a cheap starter is no bargin. I don't know your mechanic but three starters is throwing me. Have you thought about seeing a dealer mechanic?