It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: (insert name) build thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:42 pm 
LOST Member

Since i've got a few parts installed and i'm about to get another couple... might as well get a build thread going... oh and i still don't know what i wanna name the heep, but it'll come to me eventually... to begin:
my first trip was with you guys on ecs 2010 i damaged my rocker panel... if anyone has pics i would greatly appreciate those... i never got a pic of it before i shade tree fixed it.
Image - me
Image - best pic of a kj yet, yes willy i had to post that one again, ok my wrangler i decided to get some armor for it specially the rocker panels... so i went with trail-gear.com primarily for their prices... i purchased a fr/r bumpers and rock rails for 720 shipped:
-yeah i know i don't do any dirty work.. he he
the base of the rear bumper
anyone removing parts on a jeep wrangler beware... every bolt is rusted and will probably fight you tooth and nail
finished product YEA BABY! the front bumper didn't look like i had originally thought i thought it had somewhat of a forward lean to it, still trying to decide if i like this one... two months later...
the plate is 3/16 in. thick and 2 in dom tube for the slider part... now the bolt heads on the torx bolt in the side are rusting so i have to remove and paint them... but i love these the most
now that darn hitch reciever was a little tricky... the directions said to cut a hole in the frame rail under there... so i cut off the angled portion of the reciever insert and it mounted perfect... well.. sorta... the pin is darn near impossible to fit in there it's quite the squeeze, but i can tow my trailer now so i'm happy...

mml & 1.25in bl awaiting install (i'm lazzzzyyyy!!)
31x10.50x15 toyo open country a/t's

Post subject: Re: (insert name) build thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:49 pm 
LOST Member

The next part of my build will include:
lockright locker- to rid my drive line vibrations.. which is due to too much backlash and broken teeth on my spider gears on the rear axle..
2.5inch rough country lift with 2.2 shocks and steering stabilizer
adjustable trackbars-not sure where i'm getting these from yet.
jks adjustable control arms- for when i get my tummy tuck. and or when i get new axles
1.25 in. body lift- to fit tummy tuck
1 in mml- to again fit tummy tuck... (that tummy tuck is a costly upgrade)
sye/tom woods ds- again for the tummy tuck with lift...
later stage well, whatever stage i'll be on at that point will be an 8.8 and a d44 up front... possibly even full widths with d60s... and my savings/checking acct- :dead: but that's ok... at least i have job security...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 pm 
LOST Member

Well, NEWS on the heep, i went tdy to camp bullis for three weeks in Feb. and while gone i ordered the Zone 4.25in. combo package and went ahead and added to nitro filled shocks. The lift consisted of a 3in. suspension lift with a 1.25 in. body lift and a 1in. mml so far i have the 3in. suspension installed and I LOVE IT! i have to put in a good comment for the maker of this kit b/c every piece fit exactly as it should (so far) and is of very high quality, including the track bar relocation bracket for the rear i was worried that it would be somewhat flimsy, but not so, it is quite solid and I have no fears running it until i can afford to swap axles and get a custom built triangulated four link...
this past weekend the heep made a trip up to NC to Performance Offroad in Fayetteville to have a lockrite installed and a rear axle rebuild with a new diff cover from solid. (bought the locker and diff cover from someone on jeepforum.com) unfortunately... i don't have pictures as many of you know my g/f lives 145 miles away and i forgot my camera at her house after installing the lift, but this weekend i promise to post up pics of the heep! (i can't wait to wheel it now though). SCOUTS HONOR! i swear...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:58 am 
LOST Member

well, ahem... i have to admit i have been seriously neglecting lostjeeps here lately... been caught up with work and stuff but tomorrow i will post pics of my jeep during the lift AND of my latest wheeling trip to Ocala Hardrock cycle park.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 am 
LOST Member

ok, so i've kinda been outta the loop here on lostjeeps... well on the internet completely... but here is an update, got the 3in. installed, no i didn't get the mml or the 1.25in. bl installed yet but i did make it out to Ocala Hardrock cycle park for a little wheelin fun!!!
some rti ramp fun:
the beautiful overlook of the area:
doing with it what i built it for!
these pics and videos don't really do these hills justice...
poser pic lol me in red the little one is Jeremy my g/fs sond and the guy in white is a new buddy named eric
pretty good flex for only a 3in... and eric's 4 banger stock and still hangin with us! (there were two others there...
then there was the only obstacle out there i couldn't conquer... these darn colvert tube thingies...
i tried many more times... to no avail... can't wait for my tummy tucker skid and sye/cv ds...
some more flex pics....
all in all it was a great trip, the park wasn't very big or anything, after a couple hours you had exhausted most of the trails, but there was an area that was closed down out there if you guys have ever been there a section of the roller coaster is closed due to it getting all washed out and i guess it's just too hazardous or something now...

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:57 am 
LOST Addict

Those Zone lifts do flex and ride fairly well for cheap lifts. We put one on my buddys TJ. They're actually the same as BDS probably just cheaper quality materials to save on cost. Did you get your score on the RTI?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 am 
LOST Member

no i did not get my score on the rti, but as for the quality, it's from everything i've read identical to the BDS lift, but without the kick @$$ warranty that BDS has (if you break it we replace it warranty) which makes sense... i do know that i got slightly higher than a lj on a re 4" and 35's ... if that is any consolation,but he did have to extend the bumpstops a little which limited his uptravel, but he also did have a longer wheelbase.. I wish i could have gotten my score..
srry^^^ best pic i had of his...