It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Meduncan's TJ build
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Trail Quest just posted up some pics of the build up (snorkel install and engine removal) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trail-Quest-Inc/204141305336. Hopefully that link works.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty 2003 & 2004 Renegade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

meduncan wrote:
Grannysgoat wrote:
Check out the Currie Anti Rock also

Yeah, I saw that one. My concern with it is that the Currie won't lock the swaybar ends together and this is my DD. Since you can only set the torsion ration by moving the links you get more body roll. With the Skyjacker you can lock the bar so it acts more like a standard swaybar, but it also lets you move the links for varied levels of "stiffness" while unlocked offroad.

Like how your build is progressing and look forward to seeing you in Moab. Might suggest you do a little more research on the Skyjacker sway bar set up cause I am not sure it works like you are describing. Looks like when you off road and you "unlock" the swaybar ends, it acts like a swaybar disconnect. When you "lock" it for the street your sway is controlled by what hole you put the links in. If that is the case you will be just as well off with a good set of swaybar disconnects. Note, I believe that is how it works...I have actually never seen one.

The Currie set up is always "locked" together and the amount of sway is controlled by which hole you put the link in. Each hole gives .5" of additional wheel drop (call it sway control). I run mine in the third hole all the time and it works well both on the street and off road.

Frankenlift II
245 75 16 Goodyear MTR's
Moabs
Al's UCA's
Boulderbars
Backbone with Warn XD9000i, Viking synthetic line
Rubicon Big Brother

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just got home with the Jeep and she's running great. Yeah, it took a little while longer than I had hoped to get her back and yes the bill was more than I had anticipated, but I do not fault Trail Quest for that. TQ caught and fixed a few faulty seals during the engine break-in period before they turned the Jeep over to me and they had to deal with a few vendors that didn't ship all the parts that were suppose to be in a few kits. I'll post a few pics later. This weekend I have to install the new lift and tires.

**Prior Jeeps**

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here's a before and after pic and she's not done yet. Still have a number of things to do (lift and fenders are one part).

BEFORE

AFTER

**Prior Jeeps**

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 am 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Nice! :BANANA:

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Lift is finally on the TJ. Only took 20+ hours. :roll: Had multiple issues including having to replace a brake hard line and bending the line myself so it matched the contours of the original. Far too much work yet for the TJ and only 30 days or so to get it done. I've got to put the new fenders on, install the Tom Woods rear drive shaft, replace the old worn out factory sub, install wheel spacers, replace the spare lugs, install the new third brake light, fix my rear offroad lights, replace the CB antenna and cable, install the engine skid, get an alignment, and re-ground the CB to isolate it from the engine noise (hopefully). Those are just the things I can remember off the top of my head. My first offroad experience with the new setup may not be until I get out to Moab at this pace, but I will have it all done by then.

**Prior Jeeps**