It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: That'll Teach Me!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:41 pm 
LOST Member

But i doubt it. :lol: The wrong line will do it everytime.

I was going to keep trying to drive out of it, but a small rock out croping was hanging out in the cab with me. I actually had rock marks on my seat. :shock: It looks like i'm gonna need some tube doors. The door jam got bowed inwards and some small other damage but as bad as i was pinned in i didn't recieve the damage i thought i was in for. Jeff, Kevin and Travis did a great extraction job. Me and the Terminator Obstacle have a love/hate relationship. I love that obstacle and sometimes it just hates me. I can't wait to try it again. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:45 am 
LOST Newbie

hey man, looks like you got a rock stuck under your jeep. :lol: //// great picture!!!!!!!! that is why i love jeeps. get that sucker fixed and try it again and get some more pics when you are over it...

www.copter.com.ua

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think you are just trying to out-smart that obstacle...I swear I have seen you take that line before :D . Looks like a great time, I'll make it our there one of these years...

~Bethany

Ipod in the dash receiver... never have to listen to radio again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:27 am 
LOST Member

I would never try to outsmart that old rock Beth. It is older, much wiser and has a better edjumacation than me. :P Yes you have seen me in the crack before.
Dejavu:
This time was pretty bad though. The pic above and this times pics are the only two times i have had to be recovered from that obstacle. I have been over it at least 30 times now, both in the day and night. I think this time i just got too comfortable with the obstacle and did not pay as much attention as i should of. Call it complacent or cocky, but the Terminator was having none of it. It was just giving me a wake up call. :shock:
Who ever was there before us had a much worse day, the stacking in front of the obstacle was left over from them and the rock to the right of me and below was splattered with ATF. After they winched me out of the way :roll: , we destacked the whole obstacle and cleaned up the atf with peatsorb and pigpads. Left her nice n clean for the next time we meet. Why will it takes year/years to get your rig out there? Whats up with it?
If you need help let me know. If you want to ride co pilot let me know. Cya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well I fixed everything that needed to be fixed...learned I am not a master mechanic about ten times over but finally got her running right :roll: . Now I just need to get it trail ready, that might take some time. I took the CJ out a few times and got an idea of what I need to do to it. Not too many things, but the few that there are are BIG mods.
I am always up for being a co-pilot. Just let me know when and where, I'll be there :D .
You're just gonna keep building up the Rubicon until you can make every line over that rock huh :twisted:

~Bethany

Ipod in the dash receiver... never have to listen to radio again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:28 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Where about's is that rock? I see the saguaros in the photos, so you must be north of PHX?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:01 pm 
LOST Member

Burchie wrote:
Where about's is that rock? I see the saguaros in the photos, so you must be north of PHX?

Good eyes. Yes it is about 30miles north of phoenix in the Table Mesa area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:22 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Funny thing about all this is, I grew up in Carefree and now that I have moved away, I'm finding all these neat places I never went to. But I just got into the 4x4 world not to long ago. Spent most of my time at Bartlett, and Lake Pleasant. Moved out to SoCal where there is no water, and got into jeeps. The river is just to far away, and to play in the ocean you need BIG BUCKS for that.