It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear Bumper of a Different Kind...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know I have a lot of looking to do still but I want to toss it out there now anyway...

I am looking for an off the shelf rear bumper for a '13 JKUR that is not necessarily the most 'tucked under' in terms of clearance. I have an Ursa Minor on my Jeep and I use the rear bumper a lot as a step up into the camper top. Because of this I am looking for a steel bumper that has a fair amount of flat surface on each corner so that I can still use it as a step.

I also want to have a tire carrier and provisions for fuel on a swing-arm and other things like a shovel, Maxtraxx, and HiLift. Any ideas where to look, right off the bat?

Thanks,
Tony

aka MojaveKJ

'13 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Trasharoo, Husky liners, Skid Row plates, Ursa Minor J30, Expedition One rear bumper & tire carrier, Rugged Ridge CB antenna mount, SuperStar 4900+ transceiver, iPad Mini with MotionX GPS.

Post subject: Re: Rear Bumper of a Different Kind...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:08 pm 
LOST Addict

My bumper is too tall to use as a step....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

4x4kayak2112 wrote:

So, what does that mean?

'13 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Trasharoo, Husky liners, Skid Row plates, Ursa Minor J30, Expedition One rear bumper & tire carrier, Rugged Ridge CB antenna mount, SuperStar 4900+ transceiver, iPad Mini with MotionX GPS.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 pm 
LOST Member

MojaveKJ wrote:
4x4kayak2112 wrote:

So, what does that mean?

I think the insinuation is obvious... your legs are too short! :SOMBRERO: :-)r :SOMBRERO:

2005 Blue KJ Sport CRD, GDE, Magnaflow muffler, Destination AT, Amsoil filters, Fumoto, Timing belt and waterpump @ 99,600, 11 blade nylon fan, 2905 hayden fan clutch, EURO TC

Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point: the bartender cheated you.
Unknown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm 
LOST Addict

woodtick wrote:
MojaveKJ wrote:
4x4kayak2112 wrote:

So, what does that mean?

I think the insinuation is obvious... your legs are too short! :SOMBRERO: :-)r :SOMBRERO:

Im afraid you are correct....im 5'4" with boots

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks guys. Good info. :-/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Try a beaver tail step in the meantime.

As for bumpers...I believe your best bet is custom fabrication. I have no idea what that would cost you. I make my own generally or modify the piss out of whatever I have at that time. I have factory front and rear right now. Front I have cut and chopped and tucked a winch upside down and through.

If you want something more off the shelf as it were try a....LOD. They have nice rear bumpers with carriers and accessory mounts. Fab4 might be another option.

I recently installed a teraflex hinge and LOVE it. Got it from a vendor on one of my other forums at a highly discounted rate. It has some mounting options that I am probably going to fab myself. The hinge can handle up to a 35" without the adjustable mount and 37" with it.

Accessories include rotopax, hi lift and cb mounts. Big plus for me is one handed open which is handy with my son. He is only 8 mons ATM.

I will keep my eyes open and try to post any others I think of.

35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I decided to go with Expedition One. Seems like a really good set-up!