It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2012 Wrangler CRD disable EGR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Just disabled the EGR and FCV on my Wrangler.......smoother, more responsive and a nicer drive. (used to stall easy...not now, have to actually try to get it to stall on pullaway uphill. This is something I,ve done on previous diesels, Rover 2ltr SDI Renault 1.9 DCI and a couple of VW TDIs I got pretty much the same results on them as well as much better economy.....but I never had an engine light come on before. I need a good scan tool that will allow me to switch off the engine light in this instance. I disabled the EGR with a metal plug in the feed pipe and disabled the FCV by unplugging. From some posts on earlier versions of this CRD in Libertys I was expecting some drop in performance or something......not on mine, I just did this today and the feel and response is way better than it has ever been. So recommendations for a scan tool please? (Hopefully that I can buy in or have posted to europe?)

Post subject: Re: 2012 Wrangler CRD disable EGR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am 
LOST Addict

Dreadnought wrote:
Just disabled the EGR and FCV on my Wrangler.......smoother, more responsive and a nicer drive. (used to stall easy...not now, have to actually try to get it to stall on pullaway uphill. This is something I,ve done on previous diesels, Rover 2ltr SDI Renault 1.9 DCI and a couple of VW TDIs I got pretty much the same results on them as well as much better economy.....but I never had an engine light come on before. I need a good scan tool that will allow me to switch off the engine light in this instance. I disabled the EGR with a metal plug in the feed pipe and disabled the FCV by unplugging. From some posts on earlier versions of this CRD in Libertys I was expecting some drop in performance or something......not on mine, I just did this today and the feel and response is way better than it has ever been. So recommendations for a scan tool please? (Hopefully that I can buy in or have posted to europe?)

What are you running for a diesel engine on your CRD? A V.M. Motori R428?