It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rust and my Jeep Wrangler
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello All,

So I have a 2014 jeep wrangler and it is coming up on its 2 year anniversary. I was wondering how some of you tackle rushing on the underside of your jeeps. I've noticed rush around some bolts and in other places. for a short while before I bought this jeep I owned a 2002 wrangler and every time I brought it in for maintenance or repair the shop guy would comment on the rust https://rustconverters.net/whink-rust-s ... er-review/ and how quickly jeeps rust out.

So you guys are some of the most knowledgeable jeepers i know. How do you tackle or prevent rusting?

Thanks a lot.

Post subject: Re: Rust and my Jeep Wrangler
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 am 
LOST Newbie

Rustproofing may be the solution to that since that is what I also did with my car and it's quite effective.
Though you may need to rustproof it again after a few years.

I am also using this Sun Joe SPX4000-PRO 2030 PSI in washing my car. My top pick on this Most Popular 10 Best Electric Pressure Washer Reviews https://gardeningfacts.org/best-pressur ... r-reviews/

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:19 am 
LOST Newbie

I’ll be honest, its a pain in the booty. It will take a weekend to do it right. But if you take the time and do it right, it will be worth it. Take the time to thoroughly clean the undercarriage of the vehicle.

POR-15 makes a great, three step kit that includes a cleaner, etching primer, and the actual POR-15 coating. They also make a top coat that hardens the sealant even more. It’s also a good idea to coat the inside of the frame rails. There are a few coatings that come in a spray can with a long nozzle that can be inserted into the frame holes.

Also, use the gloss black, not the flat black. Mud and grime seem to not stick as easily to the glossy surface. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

I also recommend rustproofing, I also did it on my wrangler and its quite effective. After that, you could check and find an Actron obd2 scanner https://bestobd2scanners.com/actron/. Their code readers feature intuitive user interface, sleek and compact design, and support numerous functions. This will be a great help to your vehicle.

Last edited by Existential on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Jack105479 wrote:
I’ll be honest, its a pain in the booty. It will take a weekend to do it right. But if you take the time and do it right, it will be worth it. Take the time to thoroughly clean the undercarriage of the vehicle.

POR-15 makes a great, three step kit that includes a cleaner, etching primer, and the actual POR-15 coating. They also make a top coat that hardens the sealant even more. It’s also a good idea to coat the inside of the frame rails. There are a few coatings that come in a spray can with a long nozzle that can be inserted into the frame holes.

Also, use the gloss black, not the flat black. Mud and grime seem to not stick as easily to the glossy surface. :)

Last edited by Jack105479 on Fri May 15, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Jack105479 wrote:
Jack105479 wrote:

POR-15 makes a great, three-step kit that includes a cleaner, etching primer, and the actual POR-15 coating. They also make a topcoat that hardens the sealant even more. It’s also a good idea to coat the inside of the frame rails. There are a few coatings that come in a spray can with a long nozzle that can be inserted into the frame holes.

You can use good quality seat cover to protect it from further damage. You may consider the brands like Rough Country, Rugged Ridge, Smittybilt all these will be available on online portals like extremeterrain, eBay, Jutostation(https://jautostation.com/best-jeep-seat-covers/) with specification, reviews and ratings.