It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HAVE YOU CLUTCH RECALL DONE OR ELSE!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well

It happen to me today. My wife was 60 miles from home and the clutch piece in the recall broke. My advice to anyone with a 2006 jeep involved in this recall is GET IT DONE. I was told that I had to wait until the recall notice had come in before they could preform the recall on my jeep. I waited and still have not received the recall notice. I'm having big problems with Jeep on this one. My wife broke down out of town and now they want me to pay to have it towed home to my local dealer. DON'T let this happen to you. This is a black mark on Jeep. My wife almost hit someone in the rearend when the clutch didn't disengage. Now my jeep sits broken in a empty Jeep dealership with less than 2000 miles on it. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Get it fixed if you own a 2006 involved in the recall. It could cause an accident.

Wes

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wesbronco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:10 pm 

Well, now your warranty should cover the repairs since something broke. And don't they still provide free roadside assistance? DC should come tow your Jeep to the nearest dealer at no charge. Sorry you are having troubles! Good advice to all those with the clutch in question though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeep did end up towing it at no charge to my local dealer. I told them that I had no way to pickup my wife and kid and that they would have to remain at the dealership 60 miles away until morning. That would not have happened but I was very upset. They did tow the jeep and transport my wife and kid to my local dealer. The local dealership took my wife and child home and told us they would get us a rental vehicle as soon as the rental place opens in the morning. So if they get it fixed I can't complain except for the hard time the free roadside assistance gave me.

Wes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:00 pm 
LOST Member

usually the dealership can look up recalls by your VIN and fix them ASAP. i was having problems with the adaptive memory and the first thing they did was look up to see if there was a recall. Jeep knows what VINs are included in a recall and should fix it even if you don't get a card in the mail.

99 Wrangler Sport, Amethyst *~* 9500 lb Mile Marker Winch *~* Bestop Mesh Windows *~* Michelin LTX M/S *~* Custom Rock Shift Knob *~* Cobra 75 WX ST *~* 3" Boulder Bars *~* Full Husky Liners *~* Aiwa Deck *~* JKS Disco's *~* Garmin 60 CS *~* Kilby Gas tank skid *~* Poison Spyder Diff Ring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok here's an update.

My Jeep Dealer told me that my jeep was not involved in the recall but it was broken in the same place. All they can figure is that a bad part was accidentally used on my jeep. That’s just how my luck goes!! Anyways all is fixed but I highly suggest that everyone keep a close eye on your clutch and get your recalls done, those that are involved in the recall. I just hope that I'm the only unlucky one that has a bad part in a non-recall jeep.

Wes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Is there a recall number that I can try to look up? Joe

LOST Member #160
All J rear bumper
2" lift
31x10.5x15 BFG MT
OME shocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The best thing to do is go to the jeep website and click on the owners link at the top left corner. Then click on recalls and enter your vin code. If your vehicle is involved you will see the recall listed. My insurance company, Progressive, notified me of the recall. I looked it up on there.

Hope this helps,

Recall Number: 06V147000
Dates Manufactured: NOV 2005 to FEB 2006
Number of Vehicles Affected: 6876
Date Owners Notified On: Unavailable
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, THE HYDRAULIC CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER LINKAGE ROD MAY BREAK. THIS MAY NOT ALLOW DISENGAGEMENT OF THE CLUTCH WHEN THE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED.
Consequence of Defect:
UNINTENTIONAL VEHICLE MOVEMENT, INCREASED STOPPING DISTANCE, AND ENGINE STALLING COULD OCCUR WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Corrective Action:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER LINKAGE ROD FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AND OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403

Wes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I called DC because I am having this problem. Their answer is my 06 with 3k on it is not covered under this recall. So I guess I will have to wait until I get into an accident before any action can be taken. :x I did get a referance number and they documented the problem. Now I guess I will have to wait until it breaks or I get into a wreck. This sucks :x