It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Wrangler Problems
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Guys and Gals,

I just purchased a used 06 Wrangler in Midnight Blue Metalic and also just recieved my PC, 8006 pad, #80, 9006 pad, NXT Tech Wax, Meg's Microfibres and Backing plate in the mail yesterday. I ordered and watched Mikes video about the Corvette about two weeks ago, which I must say was a good video, but I would rather had seen him detail a modern car with modern paint, not an old single stage soft paint. I feel there was a lot left untold by doing this.

My problem is, the Jeep has major water eching damage all over the hood and front fenders, someone must have let this thing sit under a sprinkler in the sun for days, its so bad.

So anyway, going off of what I learned in the video, I applied the #80 as instructed on the video at the correct pressure and speed (both arm speed and DA speed), I did this for 8 applications and Im getting very very little results, its better, more shiny but its not removing these water spots.

I tried three applications of Scratch X by hand, albeit with an old Gold Class Wax applicator pad, not a new one, and Im not getting any good results there either.

So my questions are these:

Is the Jeep Wrangler a "hard" clear coat that takes more cutting power than others?

What should I try now, in order to get these stubborn water spots to be gone?

I was thinking #83 and a 8006 or 7006 pad? Any good opinions on that?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.