I bought a '75 Wagoneer a couple of months ago; a local Craigslist find...$2,000... It has semi-decent sheet metal; the quarters were rusted pretty badly. The previous owner had riveted / bondo'd some galvanized sheet metal onto one side, and welded some 16 gauge onto the other...I ripped off the riveted and bondo'd stuff...I'm about half way through an XJ inspired "cut and fold", along with opening up the rear fender wells..The rocker panels had rusted out and the PO had welded in fairly heavy gauge sheet metal in an L shape...hey it looked like rocker panels from a distance...I hammered those flat, and will be fabbing up some sliders that tuck up nice and high...
The engine is a 360 AMC with new cam, timing set, push rods, valves & valve seats, AMC 4 barrel intake w/ Edelbrock 650 manual choke carb, Procomp ignition, coil and distributor... exhaust WAS flex pipe at from the stock manifolds back to old Cherry bombs dangling under what used to be rocker panels..
The drivetrain is a TH400 with new fluid and filter , Quadratrac transfer case with new chain and seals...and the factory low range box!!! Axles are dana 44's front (with flat top knuckles!) and rear with a lock-right in the rear diff. New U-joints in the front axles, and in the drive shafts...
The suspension/steering/brakes consists of Rough Country 2" lift springs in the front, with blocks in the rear, and a 1" body lift...I've swapped the front shackles for a pair of Chevy truck rear shackles for about an inch and half more lift in the front..Now I gotta get rid of those blocks in the rear....Rancho's on all four corners. New brake rotors, wheel bearings and calipers in the front, new wheel cylinders, drums, and shoes in the rear...All new tie rods, and ends, new ball joints..It has a set of 32x9.50 TSL bias ply swampers on factory steelies, but the front pair are completely shot...previous owner didn't have it aligned after lifting it... I have five 16x8 Summit Racing D-windows waiting for the 285/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs that are supposed to arrive tomorrow!
I was excited when I cleaned 40 years worth of grime off of the factory AC compressor to discover it was a York 210...I've already converted it to an on-board air set up, and it seems to work great...It'll air up the 32's from 10 psi to 30 in about 30 seconds!!!
Looking forward to continuing to "play" with this Jeep....
Black '05 Renegade. Front suspension: Frankenlift, Moog HD LBJ's, Audiboy cut CV's
Rear suspension: OME 948's, 2 extra upper ISO's, Rancho RS 5000 shocks.
31X10.50X15 Duratrac's/ProComp 152's
ARB bumper, Mopar skids, JCR stage III's, Reese hitch with tractor lights, Champion shackle insert, "homebrew" on board air, 1000 watt inverter