It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anyone with a lifted cj
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 am 
LOST Newbie

i have had my cj for about 2 years now.. im basically done with doing mods to my liberty and my motorcycles.. so its time to start working on the 7.. anyone have a lifted cj? if so what did you do.. soa or did you put in new leafs? i want a small lift because my dad loves the jeep and drives it any time i bring it home.. im 6"1 and my dad is pushing 5"4 and just had a total knee replacement surgery .. so its hard for him to get in the cj as it is... i want this to be my trailer princess but want my dad to be able to enjoy it the same.. what do you guys think i should do.. should i just do a body kit and some shackels or a soa or just go for the whole thing.. and i have to be a cheap wad because i am in my last year of college so money is always slow to come in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

anybody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

well i use to own a 82 cj-7 laredo( l miss it), anyway currently ur cj sjould have the leaf springs connected under ur axles. what i had done and lotshave done was called over the top,where the leaft springs are mounted ontop of the axle which will give u about 5 inches of lift! if your leafs are origional( which they probably are) then they are probably pretty flat compared to the way they came from the factory, ive herad of guys gettingtheir old leaft springs re-bent/shaped. but ive also heard this ca make the springs weak and will only give u alittle lift!

2003 Jeep Liberty(KJ) Renegade,235/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors 245/75/16 MTR's,Factory Skids, Selec-Trac,trac lock,Husky Floor Liners,OME Lift,948 rear/926 front,Rusty's strut plate,clevis 2.5 "s, Al's UCA's Gen 4.5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:07 am 
This member has been Banned

KJ juice
go here
http://la4x4forum.ipbhost.com/index.php?[url]
sine up and ask away there are guys on here that will help out big time
and unlike other sites they will not make fun of the KJ maby a little but it is only in fun[/url]

they have some that are lifted and almost DD and others that are full on rock buggies with military spec tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

renegadekj wrote:
well i use to own a 82 cj-7 laredo( l miss it), anyway currently ur cj sjould have the leaf springs connected under ur axles. what i had done and lotshave done was called over the top,where the leaft springs are mounted ontop of the axle which will give u about 5 inches of lift! if your leafs are origional( which they probably are) then they are probably pretty flat compared to the way they came from the factory, ive herad of guys gettingtheir old leaft springs re-bent/shaped. but ive also heard this ca make the springs weak and will only give u alittle lift!

Pretty sure that's what KJ Juice means when he says "soa" (Spring Over Axel). My CJ-5 (http://jeepcj5.bravehost.com/index.html) has a 4 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift, and about a 2 inch shackle lift.

I bought my suspension lift from some kid in Indiana for only $150 (including shocks!!!); he had it on his CJ for less than a month and rolled it apparently scaring the crap out of him in the process!

I see quite a few SOA lifts and the guys I talk to with them seem pretty pleased. Just remember either way you decide to lift, you will have to get more crap! Extended braked lines, 4" dropped Pitman Arm, lower your transfer case if you have bad vibration after the lift (you may not).

There's tons of great sites and forums out there where you can find plenty of great info!

Good luck with your lift, let us know what you decide and how it turns out!

Post subject: cj5 on 40's
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie