It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: chevy's torsion bars are a PITA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 am 
LOST Newbie

yesterday my friend and i were putting a 6 inch rough country lift in his pickup and i just wanna say that chevy's torsion bar system is extremely annoying, we were planning on getting his pickup all ready for some mudding out here in puget sound, but it ended up being a bigger project than we figured so we didnt quite finish, but if all else fails he'll just be my spotter when we go so its all good

winch, air compressor
2/75

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 am 
LOST Addict

Yep, those key/arms are a hand full when you go to remove them. I put in new lift keys for a buddy, never took my eye off the remover when they were cranked up. They could kill a person if they hit them right.
Did you all get a new drop cradle for that? I have a 3" on my Tahoe, would love to go up more when I get new tires, maybe just 2" more with new keys and AAL.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

ya we put in 2 lower crossmembers and had to cut a little of the diferential and all kinds of crap it was definitely a lot bigger job than my frankenlift, it was a good learning experience thouhg

winch, air compressor
2/75