It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dell X51V, GPS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok this is a tall request for assistance or insight . I bought a PDA . I bought it for many reasons but mostly for the GPS. It currently does not have GPS.
I have done extensive research but really havent been satisfied with my results. This is what im struggling with.. One is tring to find a good external gps reciever that can plug into my dell. next is software to use. I have heard bad things about the National Geographic software not communicating with the reciever etc.
I have NEVER used a GPs other than the Military version (back many years ago) which is much different than gps that i have seen.
does anyone else use a pda as thier gps etc. ??

Bend oregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:42 pm 
Master of the Blender

Well if you want to use your PDA for a GPS receiver then this is probably your best bet: GlobalSat SDIO-502 GPS Receiver. If you hadn't purchased your Dell already a better option might have been one of the Garmin PDA units with built-in GPS, but you probably got a good deal on the Dell so no problem with that. As far as software goes, if you are primarily using it for road navigation then MS Streets and Trips has a version for PocketPC that comes with the desktop version, and Delorme has one as well (can't remember if you have to purchase it separately or not). Theres a lot of other options available that I don't have direct experience with but you can find it using google.

L.O.S.T. #KB051963

Post subject: VERY nice.. !!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

very nice i think ill get it this weekend.. thanks..

Bend oregon