It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nuvi 200W Users
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone use their 200w on the trail? I've seen that by accessing the diagnostic menu on the plain 200's you can track a route. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to do so with the 200W.

Also, has anyone installed a Topo map to this Garmin unit.

I know, I should probably get a handheld for trail use (and probably would have if the Vistas were bundled with any map), but I'd thought I'd explore ways for my unit to perform double duty.

L.O.S.T. #058466
Car Domain, Updated: 2/23/2009
===_oooo
(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just bought me a Nuvi 200W but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It looks like it will be a nice addition to the Libby.

How do you like yours so far meh_kick?

I also noticed pokerfan has one too. Maybe he's found away to do what your asking.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I did find out that you can download different vehicles from the Garmin site, one of them is the Garmin Jeep.

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/product.html?vName=offRoad

I installed it to my Nuvi!

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry I just saw this post. I like the 200w. The 6,000,000 points of interest (including address and telephone numbers) are awesome to have. I've used it in three major cities now, and it's gotten me around well.

I'll probably end up getting a handheld to take while wheeling/hiking. I'm disappointed that the Nuvi 200W won't track your route.

L.O.S.T. #058466
===_oooo
(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:31 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I just bought the Nuvi 260, should be here tomorrow it even has an OFFROAD feature :twisted:

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

raceinfan wrote:
I just bought the Nuvi 260, should be here tomorrow it even has an OFFROAD feature :twisted:

If that's anything like the 200w's, don't get your hopes up... I've found that when in Offroad mode, the bug (arrow or car icon) won't snap to the road that you're closest too (a lot of times, while driving in a parking lot close to a street, the GPS thinks you're actually on that street). Also when you plot a route, the start and endpoint are drawn with a straight line.

L.O.S.T. #058466
===_oooo
(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:18 am 
Bush Hunter

Would this Nuvi. be worth it for the "low low price of" 179.99? I just found it on sale for that, and was wondering if it would be a good thing for say... my wife to learn how to use. city only, rarely on long trips. but she doesn't know the area well, and I want to get it for her "new" car when she gets it.
EDIT: I found the 200 for $179.99
and the 660 for $399.99
Good deals? would it be worth it?

Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MNKK wrote:
Would this Nuvi. be worth it for the "low low price of" 179.99? I just found it on sale for that, and was wondering if it would be a good thing for say... my wife to learn how to use. city only, rarely on long trips. but she doesn't know the area well, and I want to get it for her "new" car when she gets it.
EDIT: I found the 200 for $179.99
and the 660 for $399.99
Good deals? would it be worth it?

One of the things I like about it, is if your in an area you don't know and your looking for, say a place to eat, you can 'click' on favorites and the pick foods, and it will give you a list of places to eat and you pick the place and it will direct you there. I use mine to help the wife get around when she goes to neighboring towns and it works great for her. Type in the address she's looking for and it directs her there.

As for price, amazon.com has them starting at 153.00 + 7.95 S&H for new (Nuvi 200)

L.O.S.T. #DW090501