It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sleeping in the Libby???
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm 
LOST Member

If you have some time on your hands and feel up to it you could fab up some window screens like I did. I based my design off of some that 501 had made in the past. I have used them once and I must say the option of bug free ventilation is very nice! :BANANA:

Flame Red, 3.7L V6, 42RLE, Command Trac, Mopar Fog Kit, Front Tow Hooks, Mopar Hitch, Mopar Skids, Renegade Rims, Firestone Destination AT's, Pre-lowered Springs, EVIC install, Cobra Ultra 18 Weather band CB Radio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ive slept in my CRD many times. 5'8" tall and I sleep diagonally in the back. I suggest removing those bloody child seat attachments on the back of the two fold down seats. They bugger up your back even under a pad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 am 
LOST Member

BVCRD wrote:
Last fall, my son took the CRD up to a lake at almost 10,000 feet. He and his buddies were camping. My son slept in the front passenger seat with it laid back, and another of his friends slept in the way back. Yes, the cargo area. The friend is a little rat, around 5 feet tall and might weight 100#. My son said they woke up around 4 in the AM gasping for breath. He thought, that with the thin air, and 2 people breathiong up all the "easy" air, they just about ran out. That should say something for the air tightness of the KJ.

sounds more like your son was with a 5ft tall girl and they ran out of air because they were being bad kids...;)

I am going to buy one of those air mattress from coleman thats made for the back of the kj

joe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Boostedxt wrote:
I am going to buy one of those air mattress from coleman thats made for the back of the kj

joe

Got a link for it?

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:54 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Boostedxt wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
Last fall, my son took the CRD up to a lake at almost 10,000 feet. He and his buddies were camping. My son slept in the front passenger seat with it laid back, and another of his friends slept in the way back. Yes, the cargo area. The friend is a little rat, around 5 feet tall and might weight 100#. My son said they woke up around 4 in the AM gasping for breath. He thought, that with the thin air, and 2 people breathiong up all the "easy" air, they just about ran out. That should say something for the air tightness of the KJ.

sounds more like your son was with a 5ft tall girl and they ran out of air because they were being bad kids...;)

joe

Naw, he was just a little rat kid that hangs around with the guys. He is a year younger, no ride, no money. I think they feel sorry foir him.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:35 pm 
LOST Member

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-SUV-A ... ku=5646056

here is the link to walmart...:)

yeah I figured as such I just wanted to give you a hard time. :)

joe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks Boostedxt for the link. I'll have to pick one up.

Not sure about your 07 but my 03 rear seats don't lay flat so I had to raise the cargo area floor up around 6" and then lay another piece of plywood from there to the top of the rear seats to have a flat platform to sleep on.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

501 wrote:
Thanks Boostedxt for the link. I'll have to pick one up.

Not sure about your 07 but my 03 rear seats don't lay flat so I had to raise the cargo area floor up around 6" and then lay another piece of plywood from there to the top of the rear seats to have a flat platform to sleep on.

What about headroom? Can you even roll over?

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BVCRD wrote:
What about headroom? Can you even roll over?

Yep, here it is:

Folded up

Opened, looking through the door

Looking from the front seat

I take my cargo shelf out before I go camping. But as you see I have plenty of room to sit up.

Here's my screen windows to keep the bugs out.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501