It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guns, Ammo, Weaponry, & Such
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

don't know about your state ... but in Michigan...obtaining a drivers license is "consent to search".... it is easy to pull you over for speeding... and go to jail for a weapon. research your local laws and be safe.... there are many open hand techniques that any person can perform (weak or strong)... that can throw a opponents timing off if assaulted ... however...if you feel more confident with a "club" in the vehicle.... obtain a good size wrench that fits your vehicle... easy to explain away, and usefull if needed for repairs.
anyways... I think this thread started as a recreational question? and to that end...a good old browning omniburner single cam compound...set at 64 lbs and launching a carbon fiber shaft, with cut on contact mangus 1.125" broadheads... like 9 years old and has harvested aprox. 12 deer.... from the ground baby!.... no tree stands.... stalking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:55 am 
LOST Member

The 1911 is my EDC. Sold the Mustang some time ago.

My U.S. rifle collection. From the top
Smith Corona 1903a3
1917 Eddystone
Springfield M1 Garand
Winchester M1 Carbine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ArcherAce wrote:
Springfield M1 Garand

i want one of these SO bad!

black horse grill guard
2 hella 500s

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can we include our hoped for "next" weapons?...... aiming to get a AR-10T... in 7.62 x 51 mm.... (actually may already be in the works).... hi cap mags and decent scope to follow. probably be next spring in all reality though before I aquire this particular firearm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:55 pm 

Added four more to the aresnal this weekend.

Zombie Zero Hour is getting closer....

Sold the Taurus 24/7 (.45) that I've been carrying for the past 3 years. On my frame the size was just to uncomfortable for extended wear. So I replaced it with a Glock 27. Much more comfortable! I've already picked up 3 extra HiCap mags with the grip extension and a plug for the ugly booty hole at the bottom of the back strap.

Also Traded Jenny's Taurus Millenium Pro (.40). She thought it was just too heavy to carry...yes a polymer frame subcompact heavy... So she picked out a Charter Arms Lavender Lady .38 Special Snubbie. .38 Special actually carried is much better than a .40 in the drawer so...

Then there is the play rifle: Sig Sauer 522 SWAT with an Aimpoint reflex sight and fore grip. The four extra 26 round magazines shipped today, and ordered the suppressor this afternoon.

Then there is the hunting rifle... a DPMS LR308 Sportical (AR-10) chambered 7.62/.308. Already mounted an Aimpoint 4-16x60 scope and the new handguards with picatinny rails, muzzle break, and two extra mags shipped today.

All that's left is to decide what Duracoat patterns I'm going to spray...

hee hee, I'm happy!

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

congrats on the aquisitions....
aye, I agree the snubby would be lighter, more concealable, and likely to be on the person ... the down side is speed of reload, numbers of rounds the firearm holds... the solution is practice... :D
I am envious of the AR 10..... my hunting buddies declare I don't need a semi-auto for hunting, and they are correct.... BUT I WANT it..... ha,ha... have fun "practicing".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ArcherAce wrote:
The 1911 is my EDC. Sold the Mustang some time ago.

My U.S. rifle collection. From the top
Smith Corona 1903a3
1917 Eddystone
Springfield M1 Garand
Winchester M1 Carbine

Your M1 Garand and Carbine are all I am missing from my small collection! Me want :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 am 
LOST Member

BugginKJ wrote:
Your M1 Garand and Carbine are all I am missing from my small collection! Me want :twisted:

Next week the Nation Matches will be at camp Perry. You can pick up and M1 and carbine there anytime, but when the matches are going on vendors row is in full swing. Lots of deals on shootin' stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ArcherAce wrote:
BugginKJ wrote:

Next week the Nation Matches will be at camp Perry. You can pick up and M1 and carbine there anytime, but when the matches are going on vendors row is in full swing. Lots of deals on shootin' stuff!

I go every year to watch the matches and walk vendors row! I love that place :rockon: If I came home with a M1 momma would use it on me :grim:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:47 am 
Rock River AR-15 - Mid length, 5.56mm (.223)
w/ EOTech 512

Springfield Armory M1A Scout, 7.62mm (.308)
Synthetic Stock w/ Multicam paint job.
No optic on this one yet (Jeep beefin' = no $$)

New England Firearms 12g home defense
pump shotgun. Cheap On Sale, bought at Richard's.

No Pistols yet. In New York State (as well as CA, MA, NJ, MD, and other communist states)
you have to pay a fee and apply for a permit even to possess in the home (forget CCW)
So, idk. I'll get around to it. I think "progressives" are treasonous sensored word.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm 
LOST Member

Well the wifey carries a generation 3 Glock 19

And I've got a Generation 4 Glock 17

Both using COR-BON hollow points.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:08 pm 

Update on the Arsenal.

Just finished a 5.56 build with a LMT M4 upper on a Spikes Lower. CAR length gas system and stock, YHM low profile gas block, and rIfle length free float hand guard, Troy's medieval muzzle break, Cheap Red Dot, and MagPul's MIAD grip, AFG2 and E-mags. Sprayed with Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II.

Still CCWing the Glock 27, also sprayed the frame.

The AR-10 has received a JP Ent. Compensator (helps but man, does 7.62 surplus kick), and a 2 piece 4 rail hand guard. Still using the 3-9x illuminated scope, also added a telescoping bipod.

The Sig 522 is still one of my favorite range guns. Frakkin fun to shoot all day long, the kids love it too! Everything is still stock just added a reflex sight, a fore grip, and run Black Dog mags.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

All Smith and Wessons from top to bottom,

Model 19 .357 mag, Sigma SW9VE 9mm, M&P9c 9mm, Model 437 .38spl

Future mods: 2 inch lift; Tint windows; Tail light tint; Duel exhaust; Sound system; Color matched wheels; Smoked headlights; Roof rights; Grille lights

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

A guy was showing me a Fabrique Nationale (FN) Browning hand gun from WW2 today. It belonged to a relative that was a Colonel in France in 1945. The Colonel bought it new for $35.00 while in Paris! The guy has the original receipt, holster and extra clip. He took it to a gun show and turned down $800.00 for it. Did I fail to say it has NEVER been fired?

Terry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I noticed someone posted a picture of objects laying on an American flag. I don't want to start an argument or anything but that is a no no. :cry:

Terry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

two of my full house customs in the carry rotation from two uber talented smiths. One being a real legend in the 1911 world. wouldn't trade either of these for anything!

OME Coils & Front Shocks, Bilstein Rear Shocks - Muddified Lift
JBA 4.5 UCA
K&N CAI
MagnaFlow Exhaust
Rola Vortex Rack

http://www.fusion-multimedia.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

daspes wrote:
Update on the Arsenal.

Just finished a 5.56 build with a LMT M4 upper on a Spikes Lower. CAR length gas system and stock, YHM low profile gas block, and rIfle length free float hand guard, Troy's medieval muzzle break, Cheap Red Dot, and MagPul's MIAD grip, AFG2 and E-mags. Sprayed with Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II.

Still CCWing the Glock 27, also sprayed the frame.

The AR-10 has received a JP Ent. Compensator (helps but man, does 7.62 surplus kick), and a 2 piece 4 rail hand guard. Still using the 3-9x illuminated scope, also added a telescoping bipod.

The Sig 522 is still one of my favorite range guns. Frakkin fun to shoot all day long, the kids love it too! Everything is still stock just added a reflex sight, a fore grip, and run Black Dog mags.

I love the SIG! Sig's are my favorite of all manufactures. P220 is my baby, wish I had the coin for just one of their rifles. Very nice collection ya have there :pepper:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 pm 
LOST Member

Excellent! I had no idea this thread was floating around! Though vastly outgunned by Daspes, I have a few goodies in the arsenal...
An el cheapo chinese .177 air rifle for backyard plinking and pest elimination/deterrent.
Remington 870 with a knox stock, soon to have a choate forend and 18.5 barrel added.
Taurus PT92 with Hogue grip panels 2-17 round mags and 2-15 round mags
A Smith & Wesson boot knife and a cold steel kukri machete.

I keep a small, cheap lock back knife and a multi tool in the jeep. I'm hoping to add an AK47 to my collection soon, if I can ever stop spending on the jeep upgrades.

Westin Bull Bar
AntennaX 13" Shorty Antenna
Garmin Nuvi 500 GPS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm 

Taurus 1911-AL on sale for $450. I dropped my order this afternoon, will be at the FFL on Wednesday. :D

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/

They have about 1000 left in stock, and they are running the sale price while they still have inventory.

Pretty good special on Sig556's too.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
LOST Member

daspes wrote:
Taurus 1911-AL on sale for $450. I dropped my order this afternoon, will be at the FFL on Wednesday. :D

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/

They have about 1000 left in stock, and they are running the sale price while they still have inventory.

Pretty good special on Sig556's too.

Wow, this is a very low price for a new Taurus 1911. Good reviews on this handgun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next