It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any paddlers here?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just wondering if there are any paddlers here who have paddled a wavesport zg 54. i might be in a position to buy one so i'm just wondering what others think of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

I paddled Dagger boats (freestyle & river runners) several years ago, but I have no idea how good wavesport boats are? I would suggest you google the boat and look for reviews. Maybe Kayaker magazine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm 
LOST Member

The wavesport boats are fun. Don't know much about the specific one you are looking at, tho. they make great playboats and creekboats

265/75/16 GreenDiamond Icelander M/T
ASA wheels
ARB front bumper
Off Road Package
Tow Package
Custom Interior Rack
LoadWarrior basket

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Wavesports are great kayaks. The ZG54 is the largest displacement that they make in the ZG line. It's good for paddlers up to 220lbs. The ZG series is a Freestyle boat and is made for tricks and such. I wouldn't want to spend a day paddling down river on it. It's good for putting in at a play-hole and having a blast right there. You could paddle downriver on it, but there are other boats that are better suited for that.

Another Wavesport line to keep an eye out for, if you're looking for Freestyle, is the Project (45, 52 & 62) series.

They also have the EZG line that has been discontinued. Might get a good price on one of those about now.

Good luck on your purchase!

Post subject: Love to paddle
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got my first kayak (Wilderness Systems Pamlico 10) and my first Jeep this year :) and I love them both. The first accessories I bought were roof rails and Thule J cradles for my boat. I'm trying to find some good out of the way water to paddle that 'requires' :) the Jeep to get to... if you know what I mean. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area so if anyone knows anyplace let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:47 pm 
LOST Member

I'm about to become a paddler... well, I have kayaked before, but am about to add a boat to my pile of toys.
Sorry I don't have any input to your boat purchase... but I second the look-through at "kayaker" mag.

edit: Well, I just managed to pick up a sweet find... a bargain at that! A used (very gently used) Old Town Millenium 160 w/ rudder for $650 (paddle, rack mount, spray skirt and PFD included).
At 16 feet long, it's got enough floatation to keep my fat behind afloat, the hull is well-insulated, and the OT Mill is considered by a lot of folks to be a very nice boat for a plastic one. I am now officially a paddler. Although I've yet to get the boat in the water. I hope to get to go play on the Concord River next week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:40 pm 
LOST Addict

We have two kayaks. One is a tandem (Wilderness Systems 130T) where I take wife + kid or two kids along, and the other one (Emotion, Spitfire) I bought for my older kid. They each have their own characteristics ... paddling the tandem loaded down in white water is a process :-)

I'm looking to get management approval and funding to buy a LiquidLogic Remix XP next year ... hopefully the fund comes through :-) :-) :-)

If anybody wants to paddle San Marcos / Guadalupe (Texas) with me, give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 pm 
LOST Member

I'm brand new to Kayaking and love it. My first trip was a easy float down a slow river with some people on tubes. I paddled around them and gave them a tow when needed.

I then went with my brother in a borrowed Pelican 100. This time we went down a smaller river with rock and tree obstacles to actually paddle around. Still basically a slow river, no rapids. Just a nice easy scenic trip. Even seen a deer on the river bank.

Been out a couple more times on borrowed kayaks since then.

Anyway, I just bought a Pelican 100 DLX for $199. I know, cheap beginner kayak. I'm ok with that. I'm on a budget. :D So I'm just glad to have a kayak. I'm looking forward to doing more scenic river floats as well as some fishing. I want to add a flush mount rod holder and some other small accessories to make it an acceptable fisher.

Can't wait to get back on the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:05 pm 
LOST Member

I just added another lil' boat to the pile... an Old Town Adventure XL... at 13+' it's shorter than my other 'yak, but more stable and has more cockpit room. Getting in and out of the Millenium is not graceful, this is easier for an old fat guy like me... but I've given up some speed in the trade-off.
I'd love to get a strip-kit and build a Great Auk, but that's for another time.

Post subject: Re: Any paddlers here?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:01 am 
LOST Member

Yep, I'm a paddler... I don't own my own canoe yet though. I go to the Boundary Waters every year for a week with some friends.

I'm waiting to find a used Quetico 17 or 18 for those types of trips. Mostly because they are lightweight and paddle like a dream, and stability is great.

I have been going to Canoecopia most years since I've lived nearby as well.

Here is a pic of my son enjoying a kayak at this year's show:

Current Mods: Surco Safari Rack, K&N Filter, Curt Hitch, VR3 HU, Optima Yellow, Frankie II Prem & JBA's Gen 4.5 UCAs, Skid Row t-case skid, and more!
Coming soon:???