It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hardwood Pellet Grill and Smoker
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:11 am 
LOST Newbie

LnOrtiz88 wrote:
I bought my first pellet grill recently. Went with the Grills Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill. Over other competitors frankly due to price, features and quality of product seemed better than the other major brands. Grill took a little time to install but came with everything needed to complete and all items aligned precisely. The real challenge came when it wouldn't light correctly and I needed help to figure out how to get it right.

But finally I cooked my first meal this weekend and I loved it. :pepper:

http://grillagrills.com/grills/silverbac-wood-pellet-grill/

Thanks for this information, and sorry for bumping..
All the best,guys!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:51 am 
LOST Newbie

LnOrtiz88 wrote:
I bought my first pellet grill recently. Went with the Grills Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill. Over other competitors frankly due to price, features and quality of product seemed better than the other major brands. Grill took a little time to install but came with everything needed to complete and all items aligned precisely. The real challenge came when it wouldn't light correctly and I needed help to figure out how to get it right.

But finally I cooked my first meal this weekend and I loved it. :pepper:

https://grillguru.org/best-portable-pellet-grill/

Congrats on purchase! And thanks for your feedback.
I am really only looking at the Silverbac now. I am not worried about searing as I have a kettle and love to grill on it. I will mainly be using this as a smoker/oven. Still plan on using the kettle from time to time to smoke plus I just grabbed an OkJoe offset to play a little with. I cook about 15 lbs of chicken a week for my dogs alone. Heating up the house in the summer sucks so I use the pellet for a ton of meals in the summer.

Outsourcing the materials from China is still sticking in my head but the more research I do I have a hard time finding anyone NEAR that price range that doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 am 
LOST Newbie

What model of this pellet grill would you suggest to a beginner? I have never used/owned a grill before, and now I want to try it. Pellet grills look appealing to me, and I would like to choose one of them. I like cooking on an open fire, and I do that whenever I go camping, alone or with somebody. But I mostly use my cast iron sandwich maker because this multifunctional device can cook almost anything I want. I can fry eggs and sausages and then bake a hobo pie or a pudgy pie. What are your favorite fillings for such pies? My favorite ones are peanut butter and bacon.