It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

git er done fireblad! :wink: :D

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Get this think done so you can do a wright-up on it!

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject: RE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Fireblad,

I am thinking about purchasing the 7-up lift just for looks, Where did you get your driveshaft and also did you have to get the oem TJ rear sway bar package? Also if you could post a pic of your custom front cross-over exhaust pipe (if you did this mod) that would be great.

Alan

K&N FIPK Intake
a few sounds mods and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

a $3000 lift for looks? not mention installation and the exhaust, new drive shaft, you could be pushing close to $5000 unless you put it yourself. A little too spendy for me. That and I like the fact that I can actually use mine as a daily driver.

255/70/R16 Fleet Farm All Terrain (yes they work)
Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio
LOST #: JH061986

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:03 am 
LOST Newbie

tellico 4x4 has it for 2559.99, and i dont know about the extra parts and labor, but i know it wont be pocket change. is the custom exhaust needed for a 4x2 also? and how much for the new driveshaft? Is a TJ rear sway arm package NEEDED for the lift? I'm not too familiar with sway arms and stuff. And I don't see why it couldnt be a daily driver.

K&N FIPK Intake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

According to Rock Krawler, all gas models need a new exhaust cross-over pipe made. That is custom work at the local muffler shop. I wouldn't be surprised to see $200 right there. The driveshaft would have to be a CV style. Tom Woods sells one for $400 plus with SYE but I don't believe it's long enough. So you would need to get it lengthened, or have a custom one made, the price of which will vary drastically from shop to shop. Installion of the kit would probably be in the neighborhood of $80 per hour. It's probably an 8 to hour 14 installation in most shops. It's the TJ sway bar you need not sway arm. Do you need it? Probably not. But if it is a daily driver I would highly recommend it as the purpose of a sway bar is to make you vehicle corner flatter, thereby reducing the chance of a rollover. The sway bar is your call. Why wouldn't it make a good daily driver? You ever try getting into a Jeep with 7 inches of lift? Your gas mileage would suffer quite a bit due to the larger tires and taller, less aerodynamic stance. Yes, you could use it as a daily driver, I am not sure why you would want to.

Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:35 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

A 7" lift on a 4x2. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

sorry, they have it $2549.99

K&N FIPK Intake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

well im not trying to rub it in, but i'm young and have a good job. For the first time I am able to afford the things I want. I've had friends with fullsize trucks alot higher than 7 inches so i know what its like getting in one. Im willing to suck up the loss of gas mileage. I understand that everything comes at a cost, and Im willing to pay it. Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on this being my daily driver forever. I have other things in the works right now too. im trying to do one thing at a time.

And yes, a 7 inch lift on a 4x2. I want my 4x2 to look massive. I work alot, so I do not have the time to go off-roading like most of you, but i would still like to enjoy my jeep as do you. I don't see why people always talk bad about lifted 4x2's. some people just don't need the 4x4, but want the looks. Im sorry if you disagree, but please don't critisize. I envy those of you who are able to enjoy your 4x4's to the max.

Fireblad1,

can you give me a list of all the extras you had to purchase for the 7-up lift? I know you wouldn't recommend getting the kit, but I do not plan to use it for the same reasons as you. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alan

K&N FIPK Intake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

jjnord wrote:
I was thinking would a D30 from a YJ or a D44 form a Rubicon be good axles for the KJ? Heck how about a D44 from a Scout? It's about 59". The D30 is about 61" WMS to WMS and is easy/cheap to find and both are still 5x4.5. Also, how about the Ford 8.8 if one was going to swap out the rear? It's also 5x4.5 with discs in 01'+ Explorers and about 60" WMS to WMS. just thinking...

Scout's pumpkin is on the wrong side, you would have to fab a ton of brackets, ANd its a lowpinion 44 with the wrong caster, other than that...

You could also find a Reverse Cut D44 from An f150, they are 63" wide, have NO brackets on them, you want to try and do a reverse cut front end as it puts the gears on the drive side, instead of the coast side.

a Cherokee Reverse HP d30 is stronger than the D44 from a rubicon..because of this issue..

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

KaJunKJ wrote:
well im not trying to rub it in, but i'm young and have a good job. For the first time I am able to afford the things I want. I've had friends with fullsize trucks alot higher than 7 inches so i know what its like getting in one. Im willing to suck up the loss of gas mileage. I understand that everything comes at a cost, and Im willing to pay it. Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on this being my daily driver forever. I have other things in the works right now too. im trying to do one thing at a time.

And yes, a 7 inch lift on a 4x2. I want my 4x2 to look massive. I work alot, so I do not have the time to go off-roading like most of you, but i would still like to enjoy my jeep as do you. I don't see why people always talk bad about lifted 4x2's. some people just don't need the 4x4, but want the looks. Im sorry if you disagree, but please don't critisize. I envy those of you who are able to enjoy your 4x4's to the max.

Fireblad1,

can you give me a list of all the extras you had to purchase for the 7-up lift? I know you wouldn't recommend getting the kit, but I do not plan to use it for the same reasons as you. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alan

No one is talking bad about lifted 4x2's. At least you use it in the right places (assuming that's your jeep in the avatar). I am just trying to give you the facts about this lift. And I am not discouraging you from lifting it because I am jealous, I could afford the lift and do the install myself (2 years of trade school working on cars, and I work in a well equipped machine shop). I too am young (19). If all show and no go is your thing-have at it. I just wouldn't recommend a whole lot of wheeling with it. Different strokes I geuss.

Class 3 hitch
Hellas
Police Scanner/CB radio

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ManicMechanicJoe wrote:
KaJunKJ wrote:

Fireblad1,

Thanks, Alan

No one is talking bad about lifted 4x2's. At least you use it in the right places (assuming that's your jeep in the avatar). I am just trying to give you the facts about this lift. And I am not discouraging you from lifting it because I am jealous, I could afford the lift and do the install myself (2 years of trade school working on cars, and I work in a well equipped machine shop). I too am young (19). If all show and no go is your thing-have at it. I just wouldn't recommend a whole lot of wheeling with it. Different strokes I geuss.

If that IS INDEED a 4x2 in that avatar then that is strange. Why put a 4x2 into a bog like that when many 4x4s wont even get through it. Anyways besides that, if people want a lift in a 4x2 then whatever. People who wheel the malls, like all those lifted Tahoe and SUVs you see cruisin the parkin lots then more power to them. If thats what they want. The irritating part is that many of them think that because they have a lifted vehicle, they can take it out on the trails, and then we have to bust out the strap... :roll: :roll: :roll:

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

zjmikey wrote:
You could also find a Reverse Cut D44 from An f150, they are 63" wide, have NO brackets on them

Not completely true, they do have the large cast iron locater nubs on each side that the radias arms clamp onto. For my SFA libby I used just such an axle and had to remove these completely. I do agree completely on it being an ideal choice for axle up front on a SFA conversion. I love mine, have only broken four or five u-joints before I switched over to OX joints and molly shafts.

The whole coast side vs. drive side argument on strength is valid and true but I don't feel it comes into play too much on most light weight vehicles like TJ's and KJ's until they start running like 37 inch tires or bigger and everything else in the axle is bullet-proof. I have put many of D44 through terrible abuse that were standard cut gear sets and the only times I have been able to break the ring or pinion was when the rest of the axle setup was indestructable. The real value for me for using the reverse cut gear axle was that my front drive shaft is on a very very mild angle and is not anywhere near a path of getting banged up.

Just my two cents again...

BTW Fireblad1? How goes the battle chief?

-Adam

Last edited by JediJeeper on Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Oh, on the 4x2 points.... I personally don't have any use for a jacked up 4x2, but that is only because I wheel and wheel a lot. If your goal is to have a tough looking mall crawler that gets the chicks... no reason why it can not be a 4x2... it will cost less in the long run! LOL

-Adam

Post subject: Ok
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sorry but I wont recomend the rockkrawler idiots they never helped me out, didnt give me my money back and i wont recomennd the lift it would be at youre own risk but be careful if you can afford to ruin youre kj do it anyway there was a whole posyt about this and I wont mention it again.
Im crossing my fingers maybe by the end of this week I will finish with this 7 month nightmare and i hope this time my baby realy works believe me as soon as i finish you will know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:50 pm 
LOST Member

I would have to agree with firbald, not bashing the 4x2 thing i have wheeled my fare share of them, or the all show no goes guys out there, I would stay away from that lift. If it were me i would wait and upgrad my 4x2 to a SFA espicially if you have the money. Not only will you have put more value into the kj but the chics who see "lifted" want to see the mud too. If that is you kj in that bog then just picture the look on their face when you lock in four low and sling mud from a set of 33s (or larger) from here to the moon while getting yourself out! Plus being that a SFA would be complete custom then you know for at least for now you have the only one around (in your area) and you can claim the bragging rights on building it yerself in front of those that you would or may want to impress...And the 4x4 jeepers out there in their cherokees and wranglers will have to eat crow when your pullin them out..

sorry so long but wanted to put my 2 cents in too!

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject: At Last
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am happy to tell you I am just about finished im fixing up some minor details and I believe I will start testing it by the end of the week I will post today in the evening the pictures of the finished rig.
Merry christmas to all.

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Here are some pictures under the folder solid axle final assembly ill have the touched up pictures by the end of the week.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/raltamirano1999/my_photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looking good. I'm glad you are finaly about to have a wheelable ride!!!
The work you guys are doing is awesome!

31x9.5 SS TSLs!
Detroit Truetrac/Powertrax
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062875

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:02 pm 
I live here
I live here

All I can say is WOW! Have you seen how many views this subject has created?

12,552 at the moment of this post

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next