It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bought the first piece of my SFA project.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:23 pm 
LOST Member

I just got back from picking up an open d30 from a 96 XJ, and I'm hoping I can get this project rolling (with the help of some friends and family).

Does anyone know anything about this differential? I've heard it's reliable up to 35" tires, but that's about it. I got the entire front end (control arms, steering linkages, breaks, sway bar, springs, and even the shocks) for only $100.00, so if it doesn't work out it's not THAT much money invested.

Thanks for the help.

<b>2004 VW R32</b>
I know, it's not a Jeep... but I'm still showing the L.O.S.T. love!

Post subject: Re: Bought the first piece of my SFA project.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bmg9b wrote:
I just got back from picking up an open d30 from a 96 XJ, and I'm hoping I can get this project rolling (with the help of some friends and family).

Does anyone know anything about this differential? I've heard it's reliable up to 35" tires, but that's about it. I got the entire front end (control arms, steering linkages, breaks, sway bar, springs, and even the shocks) for only $100.00, so if it doesn't work out it's not THAT much money invested.

Thanks for the help.

If you plan on running 33's and wheeling hard I would invest in some alloy axles and upgraded u-joints. Make sure the ball joints are good and then look into upgrading the steering which you will probably have to do anyway for the swap. Currie makes a nice set up that allyrand is running along with the modded Ford end at the steering box. Save your stock axles w/ new joints in them for trail spares. Other than that, it should be Ok.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal