It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:10 pm 
I live here
I live here

tjkj2002 wrote:
Since I will also be helping out that will drive down my costs like USAFCOP(which one will be done first? the race is on :lol: )I like my KJ to stand out and this is just the next step since I'll be running my KJ till the wheels fall off then I'll just superglue them back on and keep on going 8) .

Naw! Duct Tape or Thousand mile tape. Superglue would melt rubber components. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Since I will also be helping out that will drive down my costs like USAFCOP(which one will be done first? the race is on :lol: )I like my KJ to stand out and this is just the next step since I'll be running my KJ till the wheels fall off then I'll just superglue them back on and keep on going 8) .

Naw! Duct Tape or Thousand mile tape. Superglue would melt rubber components. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Need to invent some million mile tape :lol: :lol: 8) !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:35 am 
LOST Newbie

oops

Al J's Gen4 Upper Control Arms
Custom front skid
Rusty's rear diff guard
Super Sliders by Screamin Lizard
ARB Air lockers!!
Cut my teeth in a CJ-5
"It's less the Machine and more the Operator."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2591493

Last edited by rubigade on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok, I'm back. Anyhow, as I was saying, this started out as my "honda civic" cause it's as close as I'm ever gonna get to one. I've got the wife taken care of with her new Z71 Suburban, now I can go my way. The primary advantage to the Liberty versus the JK or TJ is the safety for my boys (5 and 3) who love to go to Jamborees. I mean, I grew up in a CJ with no seat belts and "flip-forward" seats with no latch to keep them down so I know I'm better off than then. Man if you hit something very hard, the windshield would be forthcoming. Anyhow, I just don't want to roll over and have probs and the hard, metal Liberty top works good for that.
Money isn't really the issue... well, it is ALWAYS the issue but what I mean is I can see how it wouldn't be hard to save $6,000 in a year to put into cool upgrades if it was paid for. And mine isn't. That's why it would be cool to have a tricked out JK 2 or 4 door to go wherever. Whatever vehicle I have is gonna be my daily driver and it's got to look decent for those visits to clients houses. The new JK is much more streetable for everyday with some needed creature comforts but then so is my Liberty. I'm just weighing it out. Bottom line is... there are two ways to get from A to B... KJ or JK! What a problem to have. 8)

Al J's Gen4 Upper Control Arms
Custom front skid
Rusty's rear diff guard
Super Sliders by Screamin Lizard
ARB Air lockers!!
Cut my teeth in a CJ-5
"It's less the Machine and more the Operator."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2591493